GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes and slows down. In my car it's happening (speed up) when is very hot somewhere between 87-100 F:
1. Open window
2. Stop at traffic light.
And slow down when i start driving. But it's doing only until is cooled down inside. It feels like the "air circulate" is ON I have manual air conditioner.
I have seen here people posted, it happened only when they open a sunroof.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the auto climate control so I cannot say first hand, but it sounds very odd that a manual system would speed up and slow down. I would have it checked.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GAR said:
I have the auto climate control so I cannot say first hand, but it sounds very odd that a manual system would speed up and slow down. I would have it checked.
I asked the dealer, they don't know what it can cause.
I'm just wanted to know if any has same experience.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the auto climate in mine as well but I am wondering if it works like the a/c in my old Silverado did. In the c/k series trucks 88-98 years the A/C fan would kick up a speed when the cabin was hot until is cooled down and then slow back to the original speed. It only did this if you had the fan set to high so it may be made to work the same way. Just a thought.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dfrank78 said:
I have the auto climate in mine as well but I am wondering if it works like the a/c in my old Silverado did. In the c/k series trucks 88-98 years the A/C fan would kick up a speed when the cabin was hot until is cooled down and then slow back to the original speed. It only did this if you had the fan set to high so it may be made to work the same way. Just a thought.
This is looking very like it. Yes it happened when fan is set at high or about high speed. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You have manual climate control knobs?

·
Registered
152 Posts
vad1819 said:
GAR said:
I asked the dealer, they don't know what it can cause.
I'm just wanted to know if any has same experience.
I also have auto climate control...I have had manual control climate knobs and never experienced what you're
relaying. You should ask the dealer to order and replace your the fan unit while your acadia is still under
warranty.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The easiest way to find out if this is normal or not would be to go to the dealer and test drive another acadia with the manual climate controls in it and see if it acts the same as yours, as I stated earlier I think this is a normal thing as GM has had climate controls that operate in this way in the past. The test drive will tell you for sure though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have notified a same problem on my 2007 Acadia today with 100 outside and I set my inside temperature 76. These are steps I could reproduce:

1) Set your a/c manually. Not Auto.
2) Set RECIRCULATE which allows air circulates, so you can notify by hearing the air blow.
3) Set Fan Speed to 3 or above. (press fan 3 or more times)

What I read the user guide manual. It recommends that don't have any object block under the seats. Check inside temperature sensor by the right leg of driver and outside temperature sensor behind the front grille to make sure nothing block. This would help air flows more effecient but I don't know if it would help solving this problem or it might be normal as the way GMC operates. I will try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have noticed this as well; however, I don't think it is a problem.

My 2007 SLE started slowing down the fan when using On-Star or the phone after I had the AC control module changed. It didn't used to do that for the first year or so that I had it but it makes sense that it would lower the fan to enable you to hear and be heard better.

There are slight changes to the speed of the fan while driving, seems like mostly during stop and go. I think this can be explained by the voltage regulator. The book talks about it raising voltage when towing but I've also seen the voltage vary quite a bit during normal driving.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an '08 SLE with the manual AC. I have noticed the fan speed changes with the AC on also, but didn't think it was any big deal. I think it speeds up slightly when I'm accelerating.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have auto climate control on my 07. Outside air can be 90, and auto is set for 72, and fan does not run full speed to cool down. On my 99 Jimmy,
it would run cool at full blast until inside temp was reached. I find that I have to keep adjusting temp down to get fan to run full. Is this normal operation for Acadia auto climate control? Seems that it would go full blast until inside temp was reached!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I noticed this when we test drove a 2009 Acadia last night. The fan speed didn't lower at all as the car became cooler inside (90 degrees outside, set at 72 inside). Our automatic climate controls in our Honda Pilot and Acura TL will crank up the fan speed initially to begin the cool down and then as the interior temp gets closer to the setpoint the fan speed will decrease. I have a feeling this automatic climate control in the Acadias isn't really automatic. Hmmmmm........I hope I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I tried it out on the way home this morning, but it was too cold out to really give it a whirl.
The outside temp was 78, when I set the auto to 75 the fan was on 2 bars, when I decreased the setting to 68, the fan went to 5 bars. It noticed that it needed to cool down faster, but I didn't leave it on to see if it would slow down, cause I didn't want it to get that cold.

I will try it out when it gets hot today. I am still under the belief that the fan never slows down for some of you, because it doesn't reach that desired temperature yet.
We shall see what happens later today.
Anyone else notice that the fan speed is higher in auto when a window is cracked, as soon as you close the window the fan slows down some. ???

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yes mine does it also. I have not mentioned it to the dealer and I'm not sure it's actually a problem at this point. I will see what others have found before I take it in.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
big bear craig said:
Yes mine does it also. I have not mentioned it to the dealer and I'm not sure it's actually a problem at this point. I will see what others have found before I take it in.
I don't believe it is a problem either. I maybe wrong, but I think the system realizes the window is not fully shut, and while in auto is trying to compensate for that and lower the temp to the desired setting. Maybe I am giving the vehicle more credit then it is worth, but that would be pretty cool if it that was the case.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts