GMC Acadia Forum banner

Have you experienced this issue?

• Total voters
241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sign me up for the ever growing list for Air Conditioning Not Working - No Cold Air. I bought my 2010 Acadia 4(ish) years ago. We have not had many issues. I have LOVED my Acadia until this summer. My husband and I both love GMC vehicles. (He has a 2006 Sierra.) The first A/C issues started this past spring when I noticed a noise (the hissing sound) coming from the vents. It was not yet that warm and the A/C was cool enough for that time of year in St. Louis. Then summer hit and there was no cool or cold A/C. My snowflake button would blink three times and then turn off. I finally found the time to take it to the dealer. They said it was the A/C line in front that had to be replaced. That was around $600 to repair. We still had the noise but the A/C was COLD. A week or so later I noticed that once again there was no COLD air. For the second time I took my car to the dealer. This time it was the rear evaporator and the bill was over $700 (with a discount)! One week later and my car is back in the shop for A/C issues. I dropped it off on Tuesday evening. I finally called them this afternoon (Thursday) to check in and see what they had found. He said he had not called me yet because they were busy and he wants to discuss with others at the dealership. But he did tell me that it is now an issue in the front and the dash has to be removed. It will take over 10 hours to repair and possibly another $1,400! He said that since I am over the warranty because of mileage GM is not willing to help out. The dealership has given me loaner cars for each trip which has been very helpful since I drive 40+ miles to get to work 5 days a week. But really a car that is less than 5 years old should not have A/C problems. AND after reading this forum it is not like I am the only one with these issues. GM needs to stand up behind their cars or we will NOT be purchasing another GMC/Chevrolet/Cadillac/Buick vehicle again which is all we have ever purchased! I guess we will wait until tomorrow to see what the Shop Manager and the Service Supervisor decide and give me a final quote and will update the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Soap05 said:
Sign me up for the ever growing list for Air Conditioning Not Working - No Cold Air. I bought my 2010 Acadia 4(ish) years ago. We have not had many issues. I have LOVED my Acadia until this summer. My husband and I both love GMC vehicles. (He has a 2006 Sierra.) The first A/C issues started this past spring when I noticed a noise (the hissing sound) coming from the vents. It was not yet that warm and the A/C was cool enough for that time of year in St. Louis. Then summer hit and there was no cool or cold A/C. My snowflake button would blink three times and then turn off. I finally found the time to take it to the dealer. They said it was the A/C line in front that had to be replaced. That was around $600 to repair. We still had the noise but the A/C was COLD. A week or so later I noticed that once again there was no COLD air. For the second time I took my car to the dealer. This time it was the rear evaporator and the bill was over $700 (with a discount)! One week later and my car is back in the shop for A/C issues. I dropped it off on Tuesday evening. I finally called them this afternoon (Thursday) to check in and see what they had found. He said he had not called me yet because they were busy and he wants to discuss with others at the dealership. But he did tell me that it is now an issue in the front and the dash has to be removed. It will take over 10 hours to repair and possibly another $1,400! He said that since I am over the warranty because of mileage GM is not willing to help out. The dealership has given me loaner cars for each trip which has been very helpful since I drive 40+ miles to get to work 5 days a week. But really a car that is less than 5 years old should not have A/C problems. AND after reading this forum it is not like I am the only one with these issues. GM needs to stand up behind their cars or we will NOT be purchasing another GMC/Chevrolet/Cadillac/Buick vehicle again which is all we have ever purchased! I guess we will wait until tomorrow to see what the Shop Manager and the Service Supervisor decide and give me a final quote and will update the forum.
Good luck, GM was helping me until this issue since our 09 has been nothing but a 2 ton hunk of junk. Dealer refilled the freon but couldn't find a leak. AKA they took GM's money and got me out of there. Obviously freon doesn't evaporate or burn up so there has to be a leak. We are unloading the Acadia and shopping heavily for a Pilot, Highlander or possibly the Santa Fe. Gm's 5.3l offerings have always been great and very reliable but this new line of SUV's sporting the 3.6 have been nothing but junk. Most that want to argue against that only lease new vehicles so they have no experience with issues because they pay a premium to keep a new car every 2-3 years.

GM's latest response to my most recent issue which just about mirrors yours was, WARRANTY's don't last forever. They knew my issue and the dealer patch fixed it to get me out of the door and not GM denies any further assistance because warranty's aren't unlimited. Keep in mind our Acadia has 42,000 miles, not like I am trying to get issues taken care of by GM on a 100k+ mile vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow up to yesterday's post. Yesterday (Thursday) I called the dealership to see if they had diagnosed the problem since they had not called me. (They have had my Acadia since I dropped it off on Tuesday evening and is now Friday evening.) I guess I will just show up tomorrow and get some answers!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hello Soap05,

Have you been in contacted with your involved dealership? What is the vehicle diagnosis? I understand that this vehicle situation you are in is frustrating when you have not heard anything from your dealership. I would be happy to look into this concern for you and reach out to the involved dealership? Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
50 Posts
Soap05 said:
Follow up to yesterday's post. Yesterday (Thursday) I called the dealership to see if they had diagnosed the problem since they had not called me. (They have had my Acadia since I dropped it off on Tuesday evening and is now Friday evening.) I guess I will just show up tomorrow and get some answers!
Good luck! I hope you don't get the same answer I got at 42,000 miles from GM. No warranty is unlimited and GM takes care of their customers. We are not able to assist at this time with repairs. Tell me how that makes any sense at all? Thankfully I sold mine private party yesterday, while it is running great now I just don't trust it in the future especially with a small child traveling thousands of miles to see family.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 with 27k and the AC is having performance issues. It's starting to take a long time to get cold air blowing and even in the morning in doesn't blow very cold.

Edit: Taking it to the dealer today for the AC and fuel indicator recall.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
2014SLTHoustonTX said:
I have a 2014 with 27k and the AC is having performance issues. It's starting to take a long time to get cold air blowing and even in the morning in doesn't blow very cold.

Edit: Taking it to the dealer today for the AC and fuel indicator recall.
How did your dealership visit go yesterday, 2014SLTHoustonTX? We're hoping they were able to correct the issue with your air conditioning. Sorry for any trouble this has caused, but please let us know if you need any additional assistance. We're available via private message and we'd love to help.

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
10 Posts
GMC Customer Service said:
How did your dealership visit go yesterday, 2014SLTHoustonTX? We're hoping they were able to correct the issue with your air conditioning. Sorry for any trouble this has caused, but please let us know if you need any additional assistance. We're available via private message and we'd love to help.

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care
Thanks Amber, but I dropped it of at closing time to let them have it all day tomorrow. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2014SLTHoustonTX said:
Thanks Amber, but I dropped it of at closing time to let them have it all day tomorrow. I'll let you know. Thanks again.
Prepare for a $2k+ shock to fix it correctly. My dealer couldn't find any leaks but had to completely recharge the system. Amazingly when it got hot again it would barely cool. Prepare for the no warranty is unlimited response from GM. They lost me as a life long GM customer after our Acadia ownership, what a hunk of crap it was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
blu said:
Prepare for a $2k+ shock to fix it correctly. My dealer couldn't find any leaks but had to completely recharge the system. Amazingly when it got hot again it would barely cool. Prepare for the no warranty is unlimited response from GM. They lost me as a life long GM customer after our Acadia ownership, what a hunk of crap it was.
It's still under warranty for another 8k miles and AC is common all year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2014SLTHoustonTX said:
It's still under warranty for another 8k miles and AC is common all year.
Lucky you! Hopefully they fix it correctly and don't just try and patch fix it due to warranty hours for the project.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great! I look forward to an update, 2014SLTHoustonTX.

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care
Hey Amber, I suppose they found an issue with the compressor, need to order one. I told them to keep the car until it was fixed; I have another. So far Don Davis in Lake Jackson TX has a pretty good service department.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
2014SLTHoustonTX said:
Hey Amber, I suppose they found an issue with the compressor, need to order one. I told them to keep the car until it was fixed; I have another. So far Don Davis in Lake Jackson TX has a pretty good service department.
Hey 2014SLTHoustonTX,

We appreciate your feedback and have documented your service experience with Don Davis Buick GMC within our system. Did they give you a time frame of when they should be finished with repairs?

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey 2014SLTHoustonTX,

We appreciate your feedback and have documented your service experience with Don Davis Buick GMC within our system. Did they give you a time frame of when they should be finished with repairs?

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care
I think they indicated Tuesday.

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hi 2014SLTHoustonTX,

Thank you for the update! I will notify Amber that your vehicle repairs should be done by this upcoming Tuesday.

Again, we do apologize that you are in this vehicle situation.

Jennifer T.
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi 2014SLTHoustonTX,

Thank you for the update! I will notify Amber that your vehicle repairs should be done by this upcoming Tuesday.

Again, we do apologize that you are in this vehicle situation.

Jennifer T.
GMC Customer Care
Things break, and this is my only issue that I've with this vehicle. I appreciate concern.

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update to my previous post. My acadia has been in the shop 3 more times for the ac since it was repaired. It'll be fine for a day or two then won't go below 75 degrees then maybe 65 the next day. Each time they flush the system they find debris in the expansion valves and other crud floating around in there. My mechanic is getting frustrated because this isn't rocket surgery and everything has been replaced but after being flushed 4x you would think there would be nothing in there.
Sigh. Wondering if I should taking it in yet again and deal with that hassle or take the 2.5k hit and trade it in on a Tahoe or something simular.

·
Registered
50 Posts
spyguy said:
Update to my previous post. My acadia has been in the shop 3 more times for the ac since it was repaired. It'll be fine for a day or two then won't go below 75 degrees then maybe 65 the next day. Each time they flush the system they find debris in the expansion valves and other crud floating around in there. My mechanic is getting frustrated because this isn't rocket surgery and everything has been replaced but after being flushed 4x you would think there would be nothing in there.
Sigh. Wondering if I should taking it in yet again and deal with that hassle or take the 2.5k hit and trade it in on a Tahoe or something simular.
Take the hit now and save a lot of frustration and cost later when everything that has been replaced to date with "revised" parts fails again. We sold ours private party and got literally $5,000 more than we were offered trade in. Sold our 2009 with 43,000 miles SLT-2 loaded for $23,000

·
Registered
2 Posts
Late afternoon to forum members.

I unfortunately will be joining team: A/C problems. Started with the hissing a while back and I charged it up in Jan or Feb for a hot spell. I live in So. Cal. so a few more months go by and we're up to June/July. I charged it up two weeks ago and typical hissing on and off cool then hot air. I most likely am going to be on the hook for the full amount. We are 100k+ on the car and we are the second owners. It has run very well up until recently. I messaged GMC customer service, but I am not holding my breath.

May the GMC gods look down upon this mere mortal with kindness and compassion. [/color]

241 - 260 of 295 Posts
About this Discussion
294 Replies
113 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing