GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone experienced about inconsistent air blow speed on your GMC Acadia? It happens to mine recently. I don't think it is normal. Steps that I can reproduce:

1) Set your air conditioner run MANUALLY, not AUTO
2) Adjust to 76 or below (inside lower than outside temperature).
3) Set Fan's speed upto 3 or above.
4) Set air RECIRCULATE to make easy to hear the air blow's noise.

After I have done these, I percept that the air conditioner keeps toggle on/off or the air blow speed is inconsistent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem. With the ac set on manual and the blower speed on high drive down the road all of a sudden the speed increases slightly on normal. The speed increase is about halfway intensity between normal and recirculate. I have not experienced this with the unit set on recirculate. Mine is a 07 SLT. The dealer is clueless I could not make him understand the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 07 and my wife noticed this about 2 weeks ago. If the ac fan is on 3 or higher the speed varies. We run it on 60* but it only happens at a speed higher than 3...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have never run mine on "manual" so I have not seen this. My guess is that most people don't run it on "manual" either and it may be normal.

I know that when you go out of "auto" mode, it only is in manual for the things you have adjusted. So if you have not told it to only blow from the vents on top, it could be that it is automatically switching to blow a percentage of air from the floor. I know when in automatic, mine switches where it is blowing the air depending on what the temps are at the time.

You might try your test again and manually setting the output to the vents.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still got no glue. It's weird. For now, it's gone and I could not reproduce it. I must recall that the sound of "inconsistent" might had been from the compressor kept toggling on/off not from the fan. Although I set it manually with the inside temperature set 76 and below. The outside temperature was above 90 on that day, but the compressor kept toggling on/off within 2-3 seconds. It was just weird...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts