GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Acadia. Just had it in for repair on the Heating/ air cond. fan. The wires were completely eroded. Mechanic showed me the pan that covers the fan and it was sitting in about 2 inches of water. Says there is a leak in the window somewhere. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a 2008 Acadia. Just had it in for repair on the Heating/ air cond. fan. The wires were completely eroded. Mechanic showed me the pan that covers the fan and it was sitting in about 2 inches of water. Says there is a leak in the window somewhere. Anyone else have this issue?
Welcome to the forum !
It seems more likely that the A/C condensate drain is clogged with debris than a window leak. I would check and clean the fan housing and find the drain hose.
When the A/C is run, it gets cold and water droplets form on the cold Evap Coil inside your Acadia. That water must drain out through a provided drain hose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most of the time its the ac evaporator drain line clogged and water builds up in the condenser case until it overflows into the case just below the fan motor. until it inundates the connector and or fan motor causing a failure. The drain line runs from behind the left side console trim at the firewall to a rubber drain 'valve' underneath the console just behind the shifter. I pulled my valve out and cut the rubber fingers out of it so it's much less likely to clog up. Also, I drilled a hole in the case just below the fan motor so even if it does, the water dripping onto the floor mat would let me know its clogged again. Also, you can buy a replacement fan connector on ebay. Just cut your connector off and crimp or solder the new connector that comes with a short wire pigtale onto those, watching the polarity of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
RobertB
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing