GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ran into my first serious problem today, by airbag sensors seem to quit working. (Before anyone asks yes I have taken it in and gotten the recall done)The DIC reads "Airbag Sensor Failure" even the passenger airbag says off when someone is sitting in it. Did Remote Vehicle Diagnostics with OnStar and they said limit your driving and get it into the dealership ASAP because Airbags are not functioning. Looks like it will be a 700am call to the dealership to get it fixed. :angryfire:

·
Registered
524 Posts
YIKES!!!

Hey don't you work for Onstar?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't know you , but my salesman does? ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, he should know me, Cornforth is a great store and I go see them not as often as I like because my territory is so large (WA, ID, MT, and AK) and they do such a great job with their customers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Read any car board , even expensive brands and there will be posts of "check air bags/sensors" - type warning lights - many now due to the federal requirement the past two years to shut off front passenger air bag if not enough weight is detected there and to have a dash " Passenger Air Bag OFF " display continuously lit whenever no one is sitting there . They are prone to software and hardware glitches.

·
Registered
524 Posts
COOL! When I first talked to Mike he said that the Onstar rep had an Acadia, and now here you are.

I'll be in there tomorrow for the final trip (hopefully) to get the seat track replaced and have the air gap corrected.

Sounds like you get to log some serious miles on your Acadia. Must be nice ;D

Good luck on the air bag issue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, got about 4700 miles on it now and I have had it since Feb 27th. Just went out to the car this morning and now the Airbag light is off and everything seems to be fine. :confused: It is very nice to be able to pick what I want to drive, when I saw the Lambda platform in 2005 I said to myself, Cannot wait to drive this vehicle. They are very close to the preproduction vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
So does that mean you have seen "preproduction" vehicles in 2007 that will eventually be production 09s?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, but unfortunately I cannot talk about ones that have not been released info yet. But the certain higher class vehicle like ours is NICE and powerful.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ten four! Rodger that, bigger and better on it's way. Wink wink nod nod. 8)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well,

Lets leave it at ours for right now, with our newest cousin getting it later and or older cousin getting something Toyota has on a smaller vehicle that gets great gas mileage.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I read on a blog somewhere about the Acadia getting this potential item that is on a smaller Toyota that gets better gas mileage ;), but it was a blog and I did not read much into that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Active fuel managment??? Flex fuel??? HMMM?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Toyota has neither of those on a small vehicle, only a hybrid engine ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
admin said:
Toyota has neither of those on a small vehicle, only a hybrid engine ;)

AH yes!!! WINK WINK!! My wife may just get one if they do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts