1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Is anybody surprised by this?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Not in the least surprised. Recall had too large a financial impact for a company of that size to absorb. The surprise would have been if they did not file.

George

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting! Does the next onslaught of recalls get passed to the new company? Or, are folks going to have to live with knowing their car has a potentially harmful safety component.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Automakers will be able to recover some costs from Takata's remaining assets, but "experts say the companies still must fund a significant portion of the recalls themselves," reports The Associated Press.

Bounced back to the auto manufacturers. They'll end up doing the replacements under warranty when they become available.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I received notices in 2016 and 17' from Ford to have the air bag replaced in my Mustang. A year later, I finally made an appointment and when I went in 3 months ago, they said they ran out, after in the sitting room, that seemed like an hour. Two weeks later, they called and said the part was in. At least, I got mine replaced and done deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts