GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Nice wheels, like the graphics, have a similar graphic on my Suburban - If you get a chance can you take a picture of the front end, yours is the first in the wild Acadia I have seen with the bug shield installed - I have a concern it will take away from the chrome grill, so a picture would be helpful. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Are these 20x8.5 or 20x9? Do you recall what offset they are?

I'm surprised to see the 275/45[/color]/20, since that is not the correct plus sizing for either the factory 18 or 19". I like the smaller profile look myself so it works for me. :thumb: Just know that the speedo is going to read incorrectly. According to my tire calculator, when the speedo says 65, you'll really be going approx 62.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I know the speedo will be incorrect. They actually told me that I would be going a little faster than the speedo says since the tires are about an inch and a half smaller. We are going to try to check that out soon. The dealership said that when they come out with the factory 20's, then the speedo can be reset so that it will be correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
kdriskel said:
Yes, I know the speedo will be incorrect. They actually told me that I would be going a little faster than the speedo says since the tires are about an inch and a half smaller. We are going to try to check that out soon. The dealership said that when they come out with the factory 20's, then the speedo can be reset so that it will be correct.
That seems backwards. If the new tire/wheel combination is shorter (smaller in diameter and circumference) you'll be going slower than the speedo indicates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
HuckD said:
kdriskel said:
Yes, I know the speedo will be incorrect.  They actually told me that I would be going a little faster than the speedo says since the tires are about an inch and a half smaller.  We are going to try to check that out soon.  The dealership said that when they come out with the factory 20's, then the speedo can be reset so that it will be correct.
That seems backwards.  If the new tire/wheel combination is shorter (smaller in diameter and circumference) you'll be going slower than the speedo indicates.
Sounds right to me. The more revolutions will make the computer think it's traveling faster. It's like changing to a lower gear, lower gears will make the engine spin faster (higher RPMs) thus making the computer think it's going faster. A simple change in the computer will alleviate that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Actually HuckD is correct as I stated earlier. Here is where I got my info...http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos. I would think this to be a reputable source. I put in 255/65/18 as the stock size(although you can use the 19's and get the same ratio), then click specs/compare and all the results show up. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Doh! Yes, that is correct, didn't read the part where they said you would be going faster than indicated. That is wrong, the computer will state it's faster as I indicated because of the faster revolutions even though you are going slower than indicated.

Need to quit reading stuff soo fast.  :drunk:


p.s.: I'll take 6 of those in your avatar imgntht :drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
reverse said:
Doh! Yes, that is correct, didn't read the part where they said you would be going faster than indicated. That is wrong, the computer will state it's faster as I indicated because of the faster revolutions even though you are going slower than indicated.

Need to quit reading stuff soo fast. :drunk:


p.s.: I'll take 6 of those in your avatar imgntht :drool:
Only 6? I never thought white could look so good on a car. I'd be happy just to have 1 actually! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
:hijacked: Sorry about that. Here's the pic though!
 

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top