GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few posts about the 18" and 19" factory wheels, and all of the engineering focus that went into tuning the handling for these setups. However.... I have to believe that some of you have installed aftermarket wheels and tires. Am I right? If so, PLEASE POST SOME PICTURES.

Thanks,

AGLAT

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am waiting for them to come in. I placed an order this weekend.What I know is we have a New Bolt pattern 6/132 very little Wheel makers if any have made any. I'm getting 285 50 R20" Chrome wheels. They are drilling them from the Manufacture to 6/132. The one I picked out has a center cap that covers the lugs. My tire shop said you can pick out any with the center cap and if the company will do a custom drill for you it will be ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is what I want to find out about as well. I thought I read in another thread somewhere that GM is going to come out with a 20" set up for the Acadias. I haven't heard anything since though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm waiting only because there isn't a whole lot out there that I.. 1)care for 2)fit our vehicle and 3)are priced reasonable. Plus tires aren't really available in the proper plus size yet.

The 20" factory ones were supposed to be announced in May...we still have about 2 weeks left so we'll see. Even so, I'll probably pass on them as I just can't stand having what everyone else has. ;D

Is 6x132mm the same as 6x5.5?

·
Registered
48 Posts
nikodyn said:
This is what I want to find out about as well. I thought I read in another thread somewhere that GM is going to come out with a 20" set up for the Acadias. I haven't heard anything since though.
The Enclave brochure is showing a Dealer available option of 20" x 7.5" six-spoke chrome wheels. I imagine that they will soon be made available for the Acadia. Although they show them in the brochure, I do not know if dealers actually have them yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder why GM chose such an oddball bolt pattern for the wheels on this platform. 6x132 ???
I'm sure that there will be a number of wheel manufacturers to create products that will fit, since that is their business. I took a look at a few options already and really like some of the wheels that KMC offers.

For example, the KM652 is a new wheel that they offer in both Chrome and Silver w/ Stainless Steel lip, and they have a 6x135 version with a 35mm offset. I think that this wheel might work if it had a 6x132 pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased some OEM 18 inch wheels off ebay but I cannot decide if I want to have them painted to match the vehicle or have them Chromed my Acadia is Carbon metallic by the way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is sad :mope: Nobody has new shoes for the ride??

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rocafella said:
This is sad :mope: Nobody has new shoes for the ride??
Its not for lack of people wanting new wheels...more due to the lack of options available in both wheel bolt patterns/styles and correct plus sizing tire parameters. I'd give it another 6 months to a year and the market will be flooded with options.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not interested (read cheap) in going with 20" wheels, but, I would like chrome wheels. Is it possible to get the factory wheels chromed? I looked at some of the wheel exchange sites, but, now of them list wheels for the Acadia. I have the factory 18" wheels on my SLT-2.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My salesman stated that aftermarket wheels could have an affect on the warranty.  Anybody heard that?

·
Registered
683 Posts
They shouldn't. Unless they can prove some damage or repair you are trying to resolve was a direct result of the aftermarket wheels. The only thing I could think of is if the TPMS is damaged during installation or not properly reinstalled. Or if you didn't follow the correct plus sizing rules and went with a wheel and tire combo that was not intended to be used on the vehicle and as a result excessive suspension or body damage occurred.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it possible to get the factory wheels chromed? I looked at some of the wheel exchange sites, but, now of them list wheels for the Acadia
Dropped myset off to get chromed about 2 weeks ago they should be back any day now I will post pics of the wheels on my Acadia as soon as I receive them

·
Registered
487 Posts
bg1811 said:
My salesman stated that aftermarket wheels could have an affect on the warranty. Anybody heard that?
Yes it can have an affect on warranty, most dealers won't void a warranty but if they can prove that your new wheels caused the fault they don't have to fix the problem. The big deal is if you + size your wheels and some sort of suspension damage is done. Your suspension was designed for 18/19 inch wheels. If you put 20's or bigger on the suspension takes more abuse thus dealers don't have to warranty it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered some 20" wheels that are getting custom drilled for the 6x132 pattern. They come with a center hole of 87mm. Does anyone know what the diameter of the hub center is on the acadia, so I can order the correct hub centric rings to finish the install?

Thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
:worthless:

Sorry just had to do it...there are two people on this thread that are getting rims custom drilled. So what are you getting, let's see 'em! I don't care if they aren't on the car yet, just a pic of the rim is fine. I'd be curious what tire size you are going with too, GM 20's are only 255/55/20 which I think are too skinny. Would like 275 if they would fit...

Also for those not looking to upgrade to 20", but want an alternative to your factory 18's check out TireRack...
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&showRear=no&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=&initialPartNumber=GX188456132743C&autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Acadia+AWD&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=

These are the very first rims that I know of to be made specifically for the Acadia/Outlook 6x132 bolt pattern. Reasonably priced IMO, and decent looking. NOTE: These aren't available until Sept '07, so you have time to save some money. ;D BTW: This rim is also made in a 20", just not yet in our bolt pattern, I'm sure it will follow very shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Those are pretty nice, but a little too blingy for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts