GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to wire and connect aftermarket brand new video recorder. Works great from outlet when engine is ON during driving.
Just purchased wiring hardware kit (3 wire: ground, engine on/off and constant power) for 24/7 parking mode surveillance.
I will run and hide wiring with no problem.
But, still need to find right fuse to share constantly powered line for parking mode recording and another one for regular driving mode.
I already checked Trunk and passenger side fuse boxes. All lines/fuses loose power after few minutes.
This is new 2020 car and mechanic confused with new 3 fuse boxes and wiring.
Any advice how to connect this 2 wires will helps.

Thank you all

·
Registered
57 Posts
There aren't lots of switched power sources in modern GM vehicles. Most everything is constant power and items like the radio are turned on by network signals from the data bus. Your best bet would probably be using the cigarette lighter if it is switched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There aren't lots of switched power sources in modern GM vehicles. Most everything is constant power and items like the radio are turned on by network signals from the data bus. Your best bet would probably be using the cigarette lighter if it is switched.
I already checked, the sigarette lighter was always powered on my previous 2010 Acadia, but not anymore. Will be great if some one from GM can read this thread and advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just. curiosity, what kind of plug comes with dash camera on GM website in accessories for 2020 models?
Probably I will consider to buy one because the plug, but I'd like to use my cam.

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
17 Posts
It may not be quite what you're looking for, but I power the dashcam on both of my vehicles with this: OBD2 OBD Power Cable. So far, so good, over 1 year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts