GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to hand it to GM. Their backwards thinking on distributing the vehicle's electronics made putting in a powered subwoofer easier. Put in underseat all-in-one sub under the drivers side middle row. The power wire to the battery is only 18 inches long. The floor cover panels actually made routing the wires easy too. Also highly recommend Crutchfield's Sound Ordinance powered subwoofers. Just enough base to fill the gap from the small speakers I had to use, has a remote gain control to put up by the driver.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
220 Posts
Have to hand it to GM. Their backwards thinking on distributing the vehicle's electronics made putting in a powered subwoofer easier. Put in underseat all-in-one sub under the drivers side middle row. The power wire to the battery is only 18 inches long. The floor cover panels actually made routing the wires easy too. Also highly recommend Crutchfield's Sound Ordinance powered subwoofers. Just enough base to fill the gap from the small speakers I had to use, has a remote gain control to put up by the driver.
Was this added to a BOSE stock system or non BOSE. I have the before mentioned and I have heard all kinds of bad things about adding a sub to it. I would like to give it some more kick but don’t wanna spend $1000+ doing it. Well, lets be honest, the wife won‘t let me spend that much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As the French say, Non. Wouldn't try cracking into their weird systems. They use strange resistance levels matched to their proprietary amps. gets complex fast. I have an all aftermarket system, started with the basic 4 speaker low end option on the SLT-1, 2010.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
220 Posts
As the French say, Non. Wouldn't try cracking into their weird systems. They use strange resistance levels matched to their proprietary amps. gets complex fast. I have an all aftermarket system, started with the basic 4 speaker low end option on the SLT-1, 2010.
Thats what I was hoping not to hear!! I have found a system decoder of sort on Crutchfield to the tune of about $400 and thats just to damn much!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts