GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my new Acadia yesterday, had the factory step boards (running boards) installed right away.
I was disappointed in them as they stick out further than on our previous Envoy, and Yukon etc. We took delivery
on a rainy day, and when getting in and out of vehicle, it is easy to rub your pant leg on the factory steps.
I told the dealer, and we will be taking them off. ??? Does anyone know of any aftermarket running boards that
are out yet.??

By the way, I love the vehicle, very quiet, handles well and am very happy with the purchase. Although first 100 miles out have a warning light on the tire pressure system. Tires look aired up to me. These new gadgets, bummer!!!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Live with the running boards a bit. I noticed then when I first had them installed and now they are almost invisible to me when getting out. So I think I must have automatically adjusted to them.
Tire pressure system has worked well for me. Obviously, check the air pressure - something may actually be wrong with your tire. The systems can be recalibrated if necessary.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I don't like the looks of the factory running boards as have square ends, plus sticks way out like what a pick-up truck would have IMO. I am waiting for after market that do not stick out, more tucked in, all fiberglass, and have 1/2 moon rounded ends. Hopefully someone will have by years end or so of the style I am looking for that doesn't have the ALL truck appearance/look. More comments are welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i agree...on my previous car, 2004 Murano...i went with chrome rocker bars instead of side steps...the Murano and the Acadia just arent hight enough to warrant side steps..i think the "tucked in " look will suit the Acadia very well, just like the Murano. It was a great touch to the Murano because of the chrome accents (handles, grill) and i would imagine a similar product would look just as good on the acadia since it too has the chrome accents.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Check out Ebay, just saw the first aftermarket ones pop up on there today. Reasonably priced too...$199.00

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
looks nice. but isn't it rather low? camera angle, maybe :-\

·
Registered
683 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts