GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed out their factory radio to an indash navigation system like the Pioneer Z1 or Z2? What is the DIN size for the Acadia and Outlook? Is it a standard double din? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Tony 8)

·
Registered
730 Posts
My dealership's accessories center has offered me to install a Z2 or an Avic D3 in place of the factory double din radio. I was told it fits perfectly and that they have just installed one in a '07 Envoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We are considering an Avic D3 through Circuit City with the bluetooth and iPod adapters. Not sure where the bluetooth microphone would go.

-- Pierre

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kram said:
My dealership's accessories center has offered me to install a Z2 or an Avic D3 in place of the factory double din radio. I was told it fits perfectly and that they have just installed one in a '07 Envoy.
Thanks for the note. I guess I have a couple of questions here though, are you sure the factory radio is a double din? If I knew that for sure, I think that would answer the question of the Z2 fitting. It sure looks like it would fit, but according to the two sites I rely on (Crutchfield and CarDomain), they don't show anything fitting the Acadia or Outlook. Also, I am pretty sure that the 07 Envoy radio system is different than the Acadia, I know the factory installed Nav system is different. I just want to make sure before I order up a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff. :)

Thanks
Tony :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paslemieux said:
You should double check Crutchfield. It shows the Pioneer AVIC D3 as a fit for the Acadia 2007.

-- Pierre
I see what you are saying. Their fitting recommendations changed when I clicked on Factory Radio instead of Bose radio. It does look like any of the double din units will fit.

Thanks,
Tony :cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't forget you will also need a GMLAN bus converter, otherwise you will lose warning chimes, parking assist, blinker clicking, on-star and maybe some other features that rely on the factory radio.

·
Registered
730 Posts
jseck2 said:
Don't forget you will also need a GMLAN bus converter, otherwise you will lose warning chimes, parking assist, blinker clicking, on-star and maybe some other features that rely on the factory radio.
Yes, very important info. The accessories center showed me the "converter" for aftermarket radio/navs. It is essential to retain the functionalities mentioned.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My Acadia has the standard radio system. I use a Garmin 2730 GPS unit. I have always wanted an in dash unit, but, I bought off the lot and took the Acadia I could get at the time. Anyway...what does it cost to have a OEM GPS installed? If you have an aftermarket unit installed what happens to the Onstar features etc? I lack the tech knowledge to completely understand all this. ??? I know I can ask the dealer, but, he's still a car dealer :help:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Circuit City just quoted me $2K for

- Pioneer AVIC D3
- Pioneer Bluetooth module
- Pioneer iPod module
- GMLAN harness (retain OnStar et al.)
- GM Antenna adapter
- installation

-- Pierre

·
Registered
730 Posts
My dealership's accessories center qouted me:

Z2 = $2000
D3 = $1500

both without Ipod and Bluetooth modules.

I thought C City has the D3 for $999(promo) installed? But I think this does not have the GMLan converter :-\

Please let us know how did it go and post some pics if you have one installed. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
While checking on the Circuit City web site, it shows the Pioneer AVIC D3 as NOT fitting the Acadia ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought from Circuit City a Pioneer AVIC-D3 + bluetooth + usb + ipod (including installation) for my SLE. Will let you know how it goes.

-- Pierre

·
Registered
56 Posts
paslemieux said:
Just bought from Circuit City a Pioneer AVIC-D3 + bluetooth + usb + ipod (including installation) for my SLE. Will let you know how it goes.

-- Pierre
Best of luck... please provide details. I think there are a number of us interested in doing this.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
paslemieux said:

-- Pierre
What is the "USB" for on the D3?

·
Registered
681 Posts
BigGuy said:
paslemieux said:

-- Pierre
What is the "USB" for on the D3?
You can plug in a USB hard drive to play music from or to also update or (flash) the system for upgrades.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a quick update. I ordered the Pioneer AVIC Z2, with the Ipod, Bluetooth and Sirius modules. I also purchased a GMOS-01 OnStar accessory kit from CC. I started on my installation today. There is no factory radio installation kit, meaning the opening on the "Corporate Double DIN" is quite a bit larger than the Z2 double DIN, so there is about 1/2" gap all the way around the unit. There are no mounting brackets to mount the side mounts on the Pioneer to the factor opening. Also, the connectors on that kit don't look anything like the connectors on the back on the factory GM (XM) radio. This all spells custom installation to me. I have a feeling this is going to get expensive before I'm done.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
webhair said:
paslemieux said:

-- Pierre
Best of luck... please provide details. I think there are a number of us interested in doing this.

Thanks
Just got my car back with the AVIC D3 installed -- see the head unit and bluetooth microphone pictures. Very clean install. Chimes, turn signal, OnStar and RAP work flawlessly. I highly recommend the custom install team at the Circuit City in San Mateo, CA.

-- Pierre

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts