GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added an aftermarket Bluetooth to the Acadia (or any other 2007 GM, particularly the 2007 Yukon Denali)?

I added the Motorola IHF 1000 bluetooth unit to 2 other cars (a 2000 Audi, which entailed making a custom connector to connect to the integrated audio system in the trunk), and a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer (with the Audiophile sound system - had to buy a wiring harness to connect to the stereo, but it was very straightforward).

This unit it very nice - it's integrated, so when the phone rings it mutes the radio and mutes/pauses the DVD rear entertainment. A single button allows you to enter voice activated commands - "Call <x>", like "call home", "dial number", "setup menu", etc. The unit is very nice, and it totally kills me that GM does not offer an option like this.

It's similair to a system from Parrot (sp?), so if anyone has added either system I'd love to hear your details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a Parrot CK3000 into our Acadia. I initially installed the IHF1000 but could never get the audio loud enough so I pulled it out and installed the Parrot. the parrot is actually too loud! but I just turn the volume way down on the stereo when using the phone. For now that will work.

To do the install I used an Onstar Lockpick from coastaletech.com which allows you to patch into the GM radio for audio without messing up your Onstar functionality. You still have to use an external mic it doesn't let you use the Onstar Mic which is a shame.

The coastaletech solution is really straight forward if you want to try and use the IHF1000, pretty much plug an d play, but like I said, I had volume issues.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks H - I'll look up that part. That's too bad about the sound level...I really do love my IHF, and I'd hate to install it only to have issues. one option I guess would be use the small speaker included with the unit - install it under the dash maybe - but having it come through the car speakers is very nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hedges1, how did you interface the Parrot unit with the Lockpick? The video at their website said something about just connecting the mute wire of the Parrot with the mute wire of the Lockpick.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like Cellsite has introduced a new wiring harness for 07 GM vehicles to allow Parrot/Motorola/etc units to integrate with the factory radio (even with OnStar). The model is CellSite GMCSS-3 and is available anywhere from $97 to over $150. I used an equivalent cable to add the Moto IHF1000 into a Ford product, and aside from some simple cutting/splicing (the Cellsite harness for a 2007 Ford had a connector that was NOT compatible with the Motorola unit, as was advertyised) it worked fabulously!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do any of you have any pics of the Parrot or Motorola installed in the Acadia? Is there a place for a "clean" install? I'd like to be able to do something like this, but given that I'm looking at leasing, I'd also like to uninstall cleanly.

Thanks in advance.

DBinMV

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have taken pics of the Moto IHF1000 in my Mountaineer, but it didn't occur to me until after I had traded it in. Not much to show - the wires came from the wiring harness at the back of the radio head, down inside the dash, to just under/to the left of the glove box. The unit itself is fairly small, so I used some double sided tape to stick it behind one of the plastic panels under the dash. all the wires, etc, were tiewrapped to the other wires already there, so nothing was hanging. the only part showing was the small display pad.

It took me maybe an hour to install - had to be careful about removing dash pieces and the radio unit. When I went to remove, it was pretty quick - maybe 25-30 minutes, and you'd never know it had been installed. that's one reason why I went with the aftermarket wiring harness, so I didn't have any cutting/splicing to deal with.

If/when I do my Acadia, I'll be sure to take pictures and to better document the process.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
You picked an old topic to post on, but I checked out your recommendations and I don't see any kits that integrate with the Acadia

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed a Parrot CK3200 and installed it just to the right of the steering column. You can run the wire into the dash right in front of the louvered breadbox looking shroud that surround the steering column. Clean install and I used the QCHBC-GM3 since I have the Bose. Plug & Play and you control the volume with the Parrot so no loud/soft issues others have had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts