GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that after market running boards were cheaper and in many instances better quality than GM supplied. Are there after market running boards available yet for the Acadia? Anyone out there who has had them installed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today the dealership quoted me $890 Canadian for the Acadia running boards. I gotta believe that you can get the same quality for a lot less by going with after market parts.

Has anyone ever bought after market running boards for a truck or SUV? How did the pricing compare? I'm not to up to date on this stuff so I wouldn't know which manufacturers make quality stuff.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That price may have included installation. I think they are listed for about $500 through GM parts direct (part # 12499965). I paid $150 more for installation. When questioned, the dealer said there was a lot of drilling, etc that had to be done. I know that there are at least 8 big bolts on each side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sandman said:
That price may have included installation. I think they are listed for about $500 through GM parts direct (part # 12499965). I paid $150 more for installation. When questioned, the dealer said there was a lot of drilling, etc that had to be done. I know that there are at least 8 big bolts on each side.
Wow, drilling huh! You'd think they'd have knock out plugs or something. Certainly doesn't sound like the kind of job I'd trust to an unknown installer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ya, I had thought that maybe the holes were already there. But nope. I can't remember if they had to tap the holes or what the bolts were threaded into. But it does look complicated.
Can't remember if you already have your car or not. As part of the buying "deal", I got the boards at there cost. I would certainly try and bargin the price down for the parts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Haven't received my Acadia yet but I ordered the factory running boards. Running boards $420...4 mud flaps $64...Labor $100...for a total of $584. That's a lot but I can no longer do it myself.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey, you got a hell of a lot better deal than I did. Congrats :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have done some research and found the same running boards that the dealership I bought my Acadia at and wanted to charge me $550.00 US. The website I found them at is - www.gmaccessories-direct.com - they are charging $445.00 US for them. Check out the site since they have a few other accessories there for your Acadia.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Larry said:
I have done some research and found the same running boards that the dealership I bought my Acadia at and wanted to charge me $550.00 US. The website I found them at is - www.gmaccessories-direct.com - they are charging $445.00 US for them. Check out the site since they have a few other accessories there for your Acadia.
Did you dealer's price include installation? I know my local dealer always quotes prices including installation on accessories.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The price quoted by the dealer for the running boards & installation was $750.00. I asked for the running boards only and was quoted $550.00. I would install the boards myself, since there is mounting holes already there for them from the factory.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Double check the mounting holes. You need 4 at each end and the bolts look like about (or at least) 1/4 th inch. According to my dealer, they had to do the drilling. But he could have been feeding me a line, and probably was :angryfire:
Let me know what you find

·
Registered
246 Posts
Larry said:
The price quoted by the dealer for the running boards & installation was $750.00. I asked for the running boards only and was quoted $550.00.
Hmm, that seems kinda high then. :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
sandman said:
I PUT MINE ON MYSELF, TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR FOR THE FIRST RUNNING BOARD AND 35 MINUTES FOR THE SECOND ONE................NO DRILLING REQUIRED.......WHAT A LINE SOMEONE FED YOU. IF I CAN DO IT, IT'S NOT TOO BAD, TRUST ME.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Please clarify. Were the holes already there and tapped so all you had to do was screw in the bolts? Cause I know a certain dealer thats gonna hear from me if thats true.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sandman said:
Please clarify. Were the holes already there and tapped so all you had to do was screw in the bolts? Cause I know a certain dealer thats gonna hear from me if thats true.
YEP, HOLES ARE ALREADY THERE, NO DRILLING NECESSARY. HARDEST PART WAS FIGURING OUT WHICH HOLES WERE THE RIGHT ONES TO BE USED.......FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS AND I COULD PROBABLY TAKE A PIC OR TWO IF NEEDED.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please take some pictures when you can - I can find two holes on each end but not four. I must not be looking in the right place.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i'm ressurecting this..
any pics of the holes and the installed r/board? i plan of installing the running boards myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would the instructions help ? I haven't gotten them mounted yet. Paid $481 at the dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks.
I have not gone thoroughly over the instructions but it looks like it can be done quite easily.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Dealer charged me $650 installed for the running boards. He wanted to charge me $700 but I had called up a friend at I know at a body shop and he said he would have to charge me $650 because he would only get a 10% discount on the part from the dealer so the dealer matched his price.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts