GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing an Acadia today but the car on the lot has all our options besides the rear seat DVD. This is an 09 SLT2, I was curious what the down falls are for not having the factory install the DVD rather than the dealership installing it after the car is made.

I noticed when you build your car with options it selects a different radio st up if you select rear dvd, I am kind of concerned about this.

Any comments would be great.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
antney said:
I am purchasing an Acadia today but the car on the lot has all our options besides the rear seat DVD. This is an 09 SLT2, I was curious what the down falls are for not having the factory install the DVD rather than the dealership installing it after the car is made.

I noticed when you build your car with options it selects a different radio st up if you select rear dvd, I am kind of concerned about this.

Any comments would be great.
You get a different radio because when you order DVD from the factory it's a overhead system and the radio has to be equipped to play DVD's.

Here's a thread about aftermarket DVD systems

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2515.0

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I opted for the headrest DVD's in our 09'. My 07' had the overhead DVD and it got in the way of the rearview mirror. Here's some pic's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I too have the overhead system and when the screen is down it's a little distracting to see, but not unsafe. I think the headrest DVD is the best option

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you do the dual head rest after the car was purchased, meaning the car was not built with those options in there?

Never thought about the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The Outlook was purchased new with the DVD's already installed by the dealer. They are covered under the 3 yr 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty. the cost was a $1900.00 option. The brand is ADVENT by Audiovox.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
The Acadia has a different headrest system then the outlook. Would seem they would be the same, but the acadia has Revolution series, by Invision.
If you choose the Dual headrest system from the Dealer you get 2 headrest, each with independent DVD players, meaning 2 different movies. 2 Headphones with dual channels so you can listen to 2 different movies, or the same one, because you can also play movie from Headrest A to Headrest B. They have inputs to hook up gaming system, and it also has a Builtin FM modulator so you can play the audio throughout all speakers.

The dealership installs this option, so you should be able to still get it when negotiating the price.

Pretty nice system.
Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
bonk1313 said:
The Acadia has a different headrest system then the outlook. Would seem they would be the same, but the acadia has Revolution series, by Invision.
If you choose the Dual headrest system from the Dealer you get 2 headrest, each with independent DVD players, meaning 2 different movies. 2 Headphones with dual channels so you can listen to 2 different movies, or the same one, because you can also play movie from Headrest A to Headrest B. They have inputs to hook up gaming system, and it also has a Builtin FM modulator so you can play the audio throughout all speakers.

The dealership installs this option, so you should be able to still get it when negotiating the price.

Pretty nice system.
Good Luck
Good point bonk1313, I forgot to mention all that when I posted, also mine along with what is stated above has 32 pre-loaded games that can be played independent of each other as well.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
6Sixathome said:
bonk1313 said:

Pretty nice system.
Good Luck
Good point bonk1313, I forgot to mention all that when I posted, also mine along with what is stated above has 32 pre-loaded games that can be played independent of each other as well.
Gaming system included, that is pretty cool. Was your system GM labelled (in the manuals, build sheet for the outlook) or was it just what the dealership had setup with a 3rd party vendor?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
bonk1313 said:
6Sixathome said:
bonk1313 said:

Pretty nice system.
Good Luck
Gaming system included, that is pretty cool.
I have not played them but the kids like them alot, it's easy for them to do when there's not movies in the car or just on short trips. The headrests tilt back and forth, so if the DVD is not in use you can tilt the headrest all the way up to rest your head on without having to tip your head back to where it is uncomfortable to drive.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
bonk1313 said:
6Sixathome said:
bonk1313 said:

Pretty nice system.
Good Luck
Gaming system included, that is pretty cool. Was your system GM labelled (in the manuals, build sheet for the outlook) or was it just what the dealership had setup with a 3rd party vendor?
No, it was on a different window sticker as a dealer installed option. I dont know if they installed it or a third party. Audiovox.com is a good source, they will walk you through your vehicle and color so there is a perfect match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts