GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 07 Acadia (Well it was towed in) yesterday to the dealer. The Engine light came on and a message saying "Engine too hot turned off AC". It also kept running even when I took the keys out. They are saying this has to do with a water leak that has damaged the electrical connectors. They have to fix the leak (add extensions into the sunroof drains) and then take care of the connectors.
I have 34k miles on my Acadia. In the last 5K miles I have had the Front Stabilizer links go and had to be replaced. The alternator went while I was driving in the rain on the highway and had to be replaced - scared me to death since I could not stear well. I am very discouraged.
I have 2 small children and I no longer feel safe driving my car. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems
I see you are relatively new to the forum. Please update your signature and provide us with your location too.

It is best to search for lemon law in your area on the internet. I believe you have to have the same problem occur 3 times without being fixed correctly in order for it to apply. I don't know if 3 seperate issues will do or not.

Do a search for lemon law, using the search button in the left side under your screen name.. You will find others discussing lemon law and their vehicle. Best of luck

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What kind of symptoms did you have with your front stabilizer links?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the front stabilizer links went there was a lot of clunking noises in the front end. Mostly when it hit any kind of bump - even very small ones. It was very loud and also felt like you were in an old truck.

·
Registered
614 Posts
New Hampshire Lemon law;
(a) The same nonconformity as identified in any written examination or repair order has been subject to repair at least 3 times by the manufacturer, it agent, or authorized dealer within the express warranty term and the same nonconformity continues to exist; or

(b) The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities, defects, or conditions for a cumulative total of 30 or more business days during the term of the express warranty. The term of any warranty and the 30-day period shall be extended by any period of time during which repair services were not available to the consumer because of war, invasion, strike, fire, flood, or other natural disaster. If an extension of time is necessitated due to these conditions, the manufacturer shall provide for the free use of a vehicle to the consumer whose vehicle is out of service. A vehicle shall not be deemed out of service if it is available to the consumer for a major part of the day.

VIII. In order for an attempt at repair to qualify for the presumptions of this section, the attempt at repair shall be evidenced by a written examination or repair order issued by the manufacturer, its agent, or its authorized dealer. The presumptions of this section shall only apply to 3 attempts at repair evidenced by written examination or repair orders undertaken by the same agent or authorized dealer, unless the consumer shows good cause for taking the vehicle to a different agent or authorized dealer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
khluce - Based on what I read, it seems that to qualify for being a "lemon", it must have a problem that they cannot fix and after 3 tries for the same problem, it would be considered a "lemon".

It's a bummer that you are having all these issues. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I traded my 2008 Acadia in and took a loss (15,529 miles). I didn't get anywhere with the dealer (Champion in Corpus Christi, Tx) on the dead spots between the transmission and the motor. I was very dissatisfied and annoyed every time I drove the vehicle so I decided to take the loss now rather than contend with the problems over a few years.

This was my first and my last GMC purchase.

So sad and too bad.

·
Registered
730 Posts
avie said:
Sorry, I traded my 2008 Acadia in and took a loss (15,529 miles). I didn't get anywhere with the dealer (Champion in Corpus Christi, Tx) on the dead spots between the transmission and the motor. I was very dissatisfied and annoyed every time I drove the vehicle so I decided to take the loss now rather than contend with the problems over a few years.

This was my first and my last GMC purchase.

So sad and too bad.
sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
khluce said:
I took my 07 Acadia (Well it was towed in) yesterday to the dealer. The Engine light came on and a message saying "Engine too hot turned off AC". It also kept running even when I took the keys out. They are saying this has to do with a water leak that has damaged the electrical connectors. They have to fix the leak (add extensions into the sunroof drains) and then take care of the connectors.
I have 34k miles on my Acadia. In the last 5K miles I have had the Front Stabilizer links go and had to be replaced. The alternator went while I was driving in the rain on the highway and had to be replaced - scared me to death since I could not stear well. I am very discouraged.
I have 2 small children and I no longer feel safe driving my car. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Back in 75, I had engine problems. After 3 months at the dealer out of the 6 we owned, with final replacement of engine lifters, I put an ad in paper and sold within a week!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still working with the dealer and seeing what my options are. I have contacted a lawyer to see what we can do. sigh.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i bought my '08 Acadia loaded 9-11-07.
i finalized my lemon buy back 9-10-08.
dont waste your time with GM, just get a lawyer. It will still take 3 months to finalize!
pm and i can give you some contact info...
regnad

·
Registered
614 Posts
I started the Lemon Law process today...if GMC doesn't buy it back they will see it all around town with big yellow letters on the side windows letting the world know it's a lemon. I think 9 repairs in 7 trips to the dealer is more than enough. But if regnad wants to PM me some helpful hints to help me along the way I'd take the advise.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Unless you really want another Acadia I would look into the dollar difference of trading or selling the Acadia and buying something different vs getting another one from GM. I sure wouldn't want another one if I was able to choose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good luck with your case.... I am in the process of finalizing my replacement of my 07 acadia with an 09. GM has been very difficult to deal with, partly because they know that they are protected from lawsuits while in bankruptcy. I originally wanted them to repurchase the acadia, but because my mileage is high, currently over 27k they wanted a huge usage fee which combined with what I owe, did not leave me with much in the way of cash for another car and they were not willing to negotiate the fee down. I ended up taking the replacement, but even that is not a deal due to the poorly worded lemon law statutes in my state, but it was the lesser of two evils.

I am contemplating once I get my replacement seeing what I can get for it on a trade, but given the loss I will probably take, I am sure I will end up being stuck with it. I am hopeful I will not have the problems I had with the 07, which truthfully compared to some of the problems I have seen on this board make my problems seem like a drop in the bucket.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I filed with the Michigan BBB under the Lemon Law since our vehicle has been in the shop multiple times for various repairs;
Bought '08 vehicle in Nov '07
Jan '08 made three trips in for "check engine light", finally ordered cylinder heads/cams and replaced after a total of 33 days in the shop.
June '08 idler pulley bolt broke, R & R idler pulley & alternator
transmission leaking fluid from front of vehicle, replaced r/f axle seal
Oct '08 installed new crank wiper arm
April '09 replaced sway bar links that were loose along with the torque convertor seal that was leaking
June '09 replaced water pump that was leaking lots of anti-freeze, flushed power steering pump system because of noisy operation

The dealership said there was nothing they could do and that I needed to deal with the manufacturer directly.
Thought, ideas, suggestions are welcome. A small fire, theft, or donating to Blue for a V8 transplant are out of the question, at least for now. The last option is probably my best one. :thumb:

·
Registered
540 Posts
mrvids said:
I filed with the Michigan BBB under the Lemon Law since our vehicle has been in the shop multiple times for various repairs;
Bought '08 vehicle in Nov '07
Jan '08 made three trips in for "check engine light", finally ordered cylinder heads/cams and replaced after a total of 33 days in the shop.
June '08 idler pulley bolt broke, R & R idler pulley & alternator
transmission leaking fluid from front of vehicle, replaced r/f axle seal
Oct '08 installed new crank wiper arm
April '09 replaced sway bar links that were loose along with the torque convertor seal that was leaking
June '09 replaced water pump that was leaking lots of anti-freeze, flushed power steering pump system because of noisy operation

The dealership said there was nothing they could do and that I needed to deal with the manufacturer directly.
Thought, ideas, suggestions are welcome. A small fire, theft, or donating to Blue for a V8 transplant are out of the question, at least for now. The last option is probably my best one. :thumb:
Yes Yes Yes Blue can do it!!!
:blob:
Bobby

·
Registered
614 Posts
If GMC doesn't come through for me I am going to have some large graphics made for the vehicle, I think YELLOW[/color][/color] would be a nice contrast with the crimson paint and blacked out windows. Maybe a body wrap like the ones used on the racecars would be appropriate.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
So you're saying call Earl Scheib and learn to like the color yellow? :D
To borrow a quote from the Scheibster......."All cars, all colors, $99, no ups, no extras!"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts