GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this legit from a dealership?

I am close to a deal, but they are saying that they have to charge me the advertising fee, how true is this?

Invoice: 40,278.10 (dealer is telling me)

FWD SLT2
Navigation
Sunroof
HID and HUD
Rear seat DVD

I am also supposly receiveing the GM family and friend discount. Seems I am not the greatest friend!

Can someone verify the advertising fee.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have to pay a $847 adverstising fee, it's based on your immediate area. As example, I could have skipped the advertising fee if....I went with a dealership in the middle of PA but...that was about 6+ hours away.

If you live in a metropolitan/suburb area, your gonna pay the advertising fee. TV/Radio/Print ads don't come cheap unfortunately.

·
Registered
635 Posts
He is right that some areas don't charge the fee. In Amarillo I didn't have any advertising fee for my Outlook. Some have said that it is built into the invoice price already for some markets. That my just be Saturn since their advertising is a national and not local thing. Then it could also be because of the Outlook since they don't advertise it at all.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It's also up to the dealer. The dealer I use does not participate in the GM advertising so there is no advertising fee from a car on their lot. But, if they pull a car from another dealer who does participate in the advertising, then I would need to pay that fee. It's based on each car and what dealer ordered it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Everything I read about advertising fee's before I purchased said the same...it's pretty standard.

·
Registered
468 Posts
GAR said:
It's also up to the dealer. The dealer I use does not participate in the GM advertising so there is no advertising fee from a car on their lot. But, if they pull a car from another dealer who does participate in the advertising, then I would need to pay that fee. It's based on each car and what dealer ordered it.
Is this fee for advertising that mentions the dealers by name? If not, they are taking a bit of a free ride on other dealers dime, are they not?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It's my understanding that the dealer gets advertising the uses their name. Really, that only makes sense as if that was not true, why would any of them do it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great link, thanks for the post! :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts