GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the big weekend auto section of the local newspaper.
The dealer that I purchased my Acadia from has just changed ownership and ran a full page ad.
Down in the corner is a picture of the "ARCADIA".

Im hoping the service dept. pays a little more attention to detail.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ya, the jerk dealer not far from us kept calling it the ARCADIA, too. Really irritated me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interestingly, my neighbor keeps asking me how I like my new "Arcadia". Maybe they think the video game setup is superior. It is, but that's not the point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My wife picked up a new Buick the other day. The Buick service guy AND the salesman referred to the "ARCADIA".

I pointed out that they were just Enclave snobs. I should have called it the "EnCave".

:confused:

·
Registered
683 Posts
On Ebay there are people listing items (albeit nothing important) under GMC Arcadia. I was just about to send the seller a note to tell them it was actually an Acadia, but stopped. I thought...if there are that many stupid people out there who actually believe it is an Arcadia, then maybe this guy is just really smart and taking advantage in his advertising. :D

Good thing GMC stuck with Denali as its upper line...can you imagine how confused we'd make people if we had an Acadia Type R? :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe this is why the good folks in Louisiana back in the day decided to just call the original Acadians in the area "Cajuns". Ya can't mess up a syllable if you just decide to not try it ;D

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I take advantage of that too. My stats show that almost 18% of the search terms used to find this site are "gmc arcadia"!

Maybe I should register "arcadiaforum.net" too. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts