GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Acadia with Advanced 2-way remote start. It works well but I have two questions.

1) When using remote start, the engine turns off after 10 minutes. I'd like it to stay on a little longer (15-20 minutes), particularly in the very cold weather. Is there any way to change the time the vehicle remains on?

2) The 2-way fob loses battery life unusually quickly, within 1-2 months after a fresh battery is installed. Is anybody else noticing this?

Thanks.
Alan

·
Registered
93 Posts
1) During the 10 minute countdown hit lock and then hold the remote start button. This will start a new 10 minute countdown. Perform this with 10 seconds to go and you have 19 minutes and 50 seconds of engine warm up.

2) My battery is almost 2 months old and still shows full charge on the fob.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put the 2-way remote on both my Acadia and my Sierra within about a month of each other. I had to replace both batteries within 2 - 3 months.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Is the battery one of those watch batteries, I have the basic remote with remote start and the battery number listed is one used in watches

·
Registered
31 Posts
JBRedZ28 said:
1) During the 10 minute countdown hit lock and then hold the remote start button. This will start a new 10 minute countdown. Perform this with 10 seconds to go and you have 19 minutes and 50 seconds of engine warm up.

2) My battery is almost 2 months old and still shows full charge on the fob.
BTW, How do you check the charge on the fob?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The battery power is displayed on the fob

·
Registered
143 Posts
kantkwit said:
I put the 2-way remote on both my Acadia and my Sierra within about a month of each other. I had to replace both batteries within 2 - 3 months.
Are you using one remote for both vehicles? Any problems?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
lewisra said:
kantkwit said:
Are you using one remote for both vehicles? Any problems?
Is that even possible; not sure if one remote could run two vehicles

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, that is the beauty. The Advanced 2-way remote has a 2 vehicle feature. I can use one remote for both vehicles.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Good to know; thanks for the info ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
It really cleaned up the key ring mess. My wife had two key rings (one for the Acadia, house, office,etc and one for the truck. So did I. Now we each have one keyring with two GMC keys (another learning curve). Much better.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
To clarify the battery voltage displayed on the fob- this is the vehicle battery voltage, not the fob's battery according to our owner's manual. The aftermarket remote on my Daytona does the same thing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have had our 2009 Acadia with advanced remote start since Oct 26, 2008 and have not had to replace the remote battery yet.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
To clarify the battery voltage displayed on the fob- this is the vehicle battery voltage, not the fob's battery according to our owner's manual. The aftermarket remote on my Daytona does the same thing.
That actually makes a lot more sense than showing the remote battery power

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm going the other way on this one. It doesn't actually display voltage, only a battery life Icon. I went out to the Acadia and got the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start Owners Manual. On page 7 when defining the icons, it says "Battery Icon - indicates battery life". On page 23 in the Low Battery Mode section, it says " The transmitter will disable the backlight and the (symbol) (the Battery Icon) will flash. During low battery mode, the user may notice a longer delay in responses." It continues into the Battery Replacement section. I'm pretty sure the little icon had displayed only 1/3rd black before I changed the battery and was all black after.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the GM 2-Way Advanced Remote Start fob.

To answer jsimms earlier question the battery is a rather large version of the watch battery, type CR2450. I costs around $5.00 at Walgreens.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
My battery was gone in three months!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
kantkwit said:
I'm going the other way on this one. It doesn't actually display voltage, only a battery life Icon. I went out to the Acadia and got the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start Owners Manual. On page 6 when defining the icons, it says "Battery Icon - indicates battery life". On page 23 in the Low Battery Mode section, it says " The transmitter will disable the backlight and the (symbol) (the Battery Icon) will flash. During low battery mode, the user may notice a longer delay in responses." It continues into the Battery Replacement section. I'm pretty sure the little icon had displayed only 1/3rd black before I changed the battery and was all black after.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the GM 2-Way Advanced Remote Start fob.

To answer jsimms earlier question the battery is a rather large version of the watch battery, type CR2450. I costs around $5.00 at Walgreens.
After looking at the picture; it leads me to believe that it's showing the remote battery life unless I'm missing something :-\

·
Registered
540 Posts
amfriedman said:
I have a 2009 Acadia with Advanced 2-way remote start. It works well but I have two questions.

1) When using remote start, the engine turns off after 10 minutes. I'd like it to stay on a little longer (15-20 minutes), particularly in the very cold weather. Is there any way to change the time the vehicle remains on?

2) The 2-way fob loses battery life unusually quickly, within 1-2 months after a fresh battery is installed. Is anybody else noticing this?

Thanks.
Alan
Hi Alan,
I have had mine since 12/1/08 and have not replaced the battery. I only have the Acadia with the advanced 2 way remote. I was playing with the remote start to check the distances and the battery icon dropped. After sitting overnight it was showing a full charge again. In the instructions it says on some models the clock will be displayed on the remote. I can only get the count down timer for the remote start. Were you able to get the clock feature to work?

Bobby

·
Registered
468 Posts
jsimms said:
After looking at the picture; it leads me to believe that it's showing the remote battery life unless I'm missing something :-\
That is correct. I have the advanced two way remote on our Enclave. We just replaced the battery after about six months of use I'd guess. It still showed battery life remaining but my wife was becoming dissatisfied on the range of the remote.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts