GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Last week I totaled my car when a deer ran out in front of me last second.

As a result I am now the proud owner of a 2014 Acadia SLT2. Its absolutely beautiful. One owner with 66K miles. Little old lady who drove it to work everyday. All maint kept up on it. Interior looks brand new and the body only has one tiny scratch on it that im sure would buff out. Ok enough with the bragging. Just excited as this is by far the nicest vehicle ive ever owned and ive purchased brand new cars LOL.

So mine has power mirrors on it. Two buttons. One folds them in and one folds them out. They also tilt down when you put the car in reverse. Is there a way to make it so these mirrors pop out automatically when you put the truck in reverse? Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh since I have this thread. Is it possible to activate the heated seats with the remote start? My sales guy said you just turn them on when you get out and turn it off but this isnt working.

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
RE the power mirrors: What you want to do will probably involve coding (reprogramming) the BCM. Haven't read anything about any forum member trying to do that.

RE the heated seats: They should come on automatically with remote start any time it's cold enough for it - approximately 40°F.

Good luck with your Acadia.

·
Registered
626 Posts
On some GM models, there is a setting on to make mirrors pivot down when in reverse and also adapt to memory settings. Perhaps Check P. 5-46 in the 2014 Owners Manual.
Partial Info - - -
- " If your vehicle has this feature, itallows you to select whether or notthe outside mirror(s) willautomatically tilt down when thevehicle is shifted into R (Reverse).SeePark Tilt Mirrors on page 2-17.Press the customization button untilPARK TILT MIRRORS appears onthe DIC display. Press the set/resetbutton once to access the settingsfor this feature. Then press thecustomization button to scrollthrough the following settings:OFF (default):Neither outsidemirror will be tilted down when thevehicle is shifted into R (Reverse).DRIVER MIRROR:The driveroutside mirror will be tilted downwhen the vehicle is shifted intoR (Reverse).PASSENGER MIRROR:Thepassenger outside mirror will betilted down when the vehicle isshifted into R (Reverse).BOTH MIRRORS:The driver andpassenger outside mirrors will betilted down when the vehicle isshifted into R (Reverse) " -

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
BTW, power folding of the mirrors should operate as an 'express' function - briefly push then release the button and the mirror will fold or open to its fullest extent. That's the way it is on my '07. Hopefully, GMC didn't change that through the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts