GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I am new here. I have a 2015 Acadia Denali. I am not a fan of the factory GPS radio that is installed. I'd like to have access to Apple Carplay so that I an use Waze GPS. Anyway, I am looking to get the Pioneer AVH 2550NEX
They are selling it at Best Buy for $349.99 and free install. Another $160 or so for the other parts they need for the install and it will be $510 for everything. Curious of the following:

1. Does anyone else have this unit? If so, thoughts?
2. Has anyone had a unit installed by Best Buy before? If so, any issues?
3. Is there a better unit out there at a similar price?

Edit: I chatted with a Best Buy rep and they said this regarding DVD player:
"So it wouldn't be able to connect to factory screens. Doesn't look like it's something we would be able to connect up. Also all third party radios with DVD players won't play unless the car is in park, so even if it did connect it wouldn't work while driving"

Is there a way to add an aftermarket radio that would work with the factory DVD screen in the 15 Acadia?

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Search the forum using "Pioneer AVH 2550NEX" as keywords and you'll see what past members have said.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Is there a way to add an aftermarket radio that would work with the factory DVD screen in the 15 Acadia?
Contact tech support at Crutchfield and ask them. Their team has a great reputation for resolving things like that.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
BTW, I hope you mentioned to Best Buy that you're interested in playing DVDs through the rear seat entertainment (RSE) system and not necessarily on the headunit display.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm sure there is great variability between stores/technicians, but my mother-in-law had something installed by Best Buy, and they cut a hole in her dash when they could have run the wires behind trim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best Buy told me that the rear seat entertainment won't work...Crutchfield said with their idata harness it would work. I am going to talk to a local stereo shop in my area and see what they say. I was leaning towards Best Buy because install was free and would save me some money, but now I may just have to pay more to get it done right.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Best Buy's forte is installing home entertainment systems. I wouldn't want them installing anything in my vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts