GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one added memory to their seats?
When my wife drives she totally changes my seat and it drives me nuts.
Would love to be able to get back to the way I like it quick.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There has been speculation that all you need is to add the switches on the door and it'll just work, but to my knowledge no one has tried it yet. I don't think there are separate P/Ns for the seats or mirrors (but I'm not certain), so the switches seem to be the only hardware required. It's unknown if the wiring is in the door or if the computer will need to be updated.

I'd love to have this update too, my wife is 4' 9" & I'm 6' 1" so we're always moving seats & mirrors as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd love to know as well! If I didnt have a slew of other projects on keeping my old BMW running, I'd tackle this.

·
Registered
197 Posts
GiXeR said:
So we dont know if all we need to do is put in a switch to get the seats to work though.

Thats what we need to find out.
I've searched, and doesnt look like anyone has tried it yet to find out. Someone needs to be the guinea pig, take pics, and complete a write up - for the good of all mankind. This is the first auto forum that i've been on that everyone seems averse to modifying their vehicle at all. I would if I had the time, but I've got another vehicle that has priority issues IF I ever have time to work on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear you Benjamin99. Its like taboo around here to mod your Acadia.

lamping.ap Thanks for the link.

If I find any thing new out I will let you all know.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Re: Re: adding memory seats???

You've got to consider the demographic that buys these vehicles. Plus, given all the known issues I'm reluctant to mod mine just because I don't want any extra headaches if I need warranty work done. All my previous cars have never been in for warranty work. I'm not so confident about this one.

Sent from space!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Re: adding memory seats???

NutBucket said:
You've got to consider the demographic that buys these vehicles. Plus, given all the known issues I'm reluctant to mod mine just because I don't want any extra headaches if I need warranty work done. All my previous cars have never been in for warranty work. I'm not so confident about this one.

Sent from space!
Agree with you 100% here, especially in regard to the warranty and known reliability.. This is the family hauler for us, so wouldn't really modify it anyways - but every vehicle I've owned has been modded in one way or another. But if this memory seat thing was a slam dunk, I'd be tearing it apart pretty quick - this is a great feature I wish we would have ponied up for the SLT2 just for this.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Us too. Not sure why I was so short sighted when ordering ours. Less than $1000 more for the memory seats and power folding mirrors is well worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its funny to see how many people are worried about warranty and reliability on some of the small things.
I built my Jeep to run 635 inches of lift and 37 inch tires. Never had an issue with the dealership when I went in.
But then I also did it the right way and not just rigged it.
Memory seats are not like adding a blower to the motor so it should not be a big deal.
I guess its all in the relationship you have with your dealer.

We are still on the hunt for any info on the memory seats if any one has any more info please post.
Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
I avoid dealers except for warranty work/recalls. Waste of money for anything I'm paying for out of pocket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone ever have any luck here? Yesterday I bought a 2022 Acadia AT4 and a bit baffled it doesn’t have seat memory because it doesn’t have the Preferred Package. I have to shuffle our vehicles around in our driveway and I’m ten inches taller than my wife so this is going to be real annoying. I’m pretty handy with mods and maintenance.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Anyone ever have any luck here? Yesterday I bought a 2022 Acadia AT4 and a bit baffled it doesn’t have seat memory because it doesn’t have the Preferred Package. I have to shuffle our vehicles around in our driveway and I’m ten inches taller than my wife so this is going to be real annoying. I’m pretty handy with mods and maintenance.
It would be best to contact an "Upfitter" shop or few dealer parts and/or service departments and see what hardware and programming may be involved.
Even if you obtained the wire harnesses, control buttons and connected it all up, the BCM would likely need to be programmed by a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It would be best to contact an "Upfitter" shop or few dealer parts and/or service departments and see what hardware and programming may be involved.
Even if you obtained the wire harnesses, control buttons and connected it all up, the BCM would likely need to be programmed by a dealer.
Thanks JayTee. I fear it will be cost prohibitive but I’ll look into it. Appreciate the quick note.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Easing the pain of buyer's remorse is usually impossible when desired options like that are overlooked during the original purchase. Frankly, I don't find it all too annoying to move the driver's seat back a few inches to accommodate my height when 'shuffling' cars around. It's not like the seat needs to be fully adjusted for long-term travel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts