GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all!

My wife just took delivery of a 2014 Acadia Denali this evening. It’s replacing a 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT which had keyless entry, one feature of which was buttons on the driver and passenger front doors that would lock / unlock the car.

On a day-to-day basis this was a great feature because her keys are typically buried at the bottom of her bag. With the Acadia as it is, every time she wants to unlock the vehicle to get into it, she has to fish her keys out of her bag.

So the question is - has anyone managed to get exterior door handles that provide a lock/unlock function? That would be really awesome!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I would guess that it would be impossible to find door handles that fit your Acadia and also have buttons. If you did find such, how are you going to wire them to work?

George

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey y’all!

My wife just took delivery of a 2014 Acadia Denali this evening. It’s replacing a 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT which had keyless entry, one feature of which was buttons on the driver and passenger front doors that would lock / unlock the car.

On a day-to-day basis this was a great feature because her keys are typically buried at the bottom of her bag. With the Acadia as it is, every time she wants to unlock the vehicle to get into it, she has to fish her keys out of her bag.

So the question is - has anyone managed to get exterior door handles that provide a lock/unlock function? That would be really awesome!
First find if you have keyless entry on the vehicle. Years ago not all had it and it was an option.

My later two Acadias have it but came with the button on the door handles.

To add it would take the addition of a number of part beyond just door handles.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Hey y’all!

As others have stated, it would take more than push buttons on the handles to obtain this feature. The correct Body Control Module for your model year programmed to enable the feature and assuming it was even available. I do not think it was based on a quick search.

Plus, tearing the door panels out, installing the wiring, connecting to a proper fuse box location and more.

That said, perhaps an after market kit if some sort might fit the need..

Call or check with a local auto electric installer or search onlinr first to see what is available. I see there are some.

Reactions: GodRaine
1 - 5 of 5 Posts