GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased our 07 Acadia SLT1 withOUT rear DVD package (could not find a vehicle with all the options we wanted in our price range) and are having the dealer add the factory DVD player. basically the dealer is pulling the 6 disc CD Head Unit and replacing it with the single DVD single CD head unit. They mounted an aftermarket flip down monitor to complete the DVD package. They are having a problem with the audio portion of the setup. I was wondering if any one else has had this done and had the same problem? The problem is you do not get REAR audio out of the speakers. We popped in Finding Nemo, and found out that you don't hear all the voices as it wants to play the movie in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound. And since the rear speakers are not wokring, you miss some of the voices in the movie. :banghead: if you FADE the audio to the back, you hear nothing. Anyone else tried this? Dealer originally said it would work, and is now resorting to hook up the player to the AUX jack. For my pain and inconvience, they are throwing in an extra IPOD port, and a new IPOD ;D

I wish they could get it to work, so any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
First, I cannot offer technical help. We may be in the same dilemma as you. But, our testing DVD has been Finding Nemo as well!! You can't beat it for checking picture quality! :) :)

I had no idea what you have done so far was even possible. You don't get the Bose system upgrade that comes with the factory DVD package that way.

There is an Acadia in Las Vegas configured as we want (with DVD!) if we want to truck it....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thinking about it.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Who drives the old car? :(

·
Registered
956 Posts
You mean home from LV? I would think it only fair that you drive the new car home, but if you want to be fair flip a coin heads you win, tales he loses[/color]. You will be happy with the results. You can let him sit in it and take in the new car smell if you're feeling really bad about the arrangement.

I bought our Acadia for my wife for her Valentines day present and of course she was not with me. When we were through with the transaction I was given the keys and told I could store the car I drove there in the back lot. I told them that I would be picking up the Acadia sometime later on and would they store the Acadia for me. They looked puzzled and asked why I didn't want to drive the new car home. I told them I would drive it later. Took my wife out to dinner that night and then went over and picked up her new car. She drove it home and I don't think I drove it for a least a week. Even now I seldom drive it. So you husband can wait. Lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm NOT trying to be a pain, but if you can NOT answer the question, can you please reframe from posting other comments. :angel:

Thank You

·
Registered
956 Posts
Well you are being a pain. There is friendly conversations going on here all the time. When someone reads your question and has the answer they will post it. Looks like your a newcomer on this forum and you are certainly welcome here, but you need to be patient with your questions and respectful to others.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Why are they taking your 6 changer out? The dealer didn't touch mine. I was told if do not have the factory install you will not have 5.1 surround sound. (This was by dealer and GMC) We had the dealer install our DVD player and it has GREAT sound through the speakers. Plus we got to keep the 6 changer in the front. You might not have the correct wires to get 5.1. There is a picture of mine somewhere, it is a dvd/tv and you put the dvd in the player instead of the dash. We went on a trip to Austin and the kids watched Harry Potter. The sound was crystal clear and I heard things I hadn't at home with my Bose surround system on the TV!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sometimes we get off topic. It happens. We are a friendly bunch, you know ? Jump in and have fun - I did in July and have learned tons towards making my decision to purchase an Acadia.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Not a problem. Someone will have an answer for you or can direct you in the right direction. I understand your frustration and hope it works out the way you want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone know where to find the wiring schematic for the Arcadia? I know someone posted it, but i can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
395 Posts
As far as I know, there is no official wiring diagram available (for free). They did just come out with the set of service manuals you can buy at the dealer (Don't remember the price but I think it was $150ish). That should have a good wiring diagram. If you can wait, the Haynes/Chiltons/Clymers books usually have a good diagram but it will likely be a while before they are published.

You are correct that someone posted a couple color code diagrams for a few wires but it was very limited. I saved them to my home computer but I am at work now so I can't help you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ArticAcadia said:
Does anyone know where to find the wiring schematic for the Arcadia? I know someone posted it, but i can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated!

I found this....looks like this is what you wanted....???

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I may have missed it but is it an aftermarket single dvd/cd player?
To be able to output a real 5.1 surround, your player should have a built-in surround decoder..if not, IMHO, you will not be able to play surround sound. I believe the dealership will soon be able to figure out to put sounds through all the speakers..fade in, fade out, and all, will work. Make sure when you test it out, select the 5.1 audio option on the dvd disc you are playing..you will find out from there. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The head unit that was installed came directly from GMC. It is the 2007 Acadia FACTORY DVD player exactly like the one that comes with the FACTORY Read Seat Entertainment package. I am fighting with the aftermarket installer about the monitor now. He put in an after markter 7 inch flip, but it does NOT have infrared ports, so the headphone have to use an FM modulator, which i DEMANDED it not have. iA mchekcn cost on the factory flip down monitor / headphones now. I know they will be more, but at least it would be factory and covered under warranty.

For all this hassle the dealer has been awesome! I have had 3 tanks of free gas, 2 full detailings, an IPOD, and i am having the inside leather and outside paint sprayed with protectant coating on wednesday. :blob: They are also throwing in the running boards installed, at their cost, about $400 :thumb:. I figured i could spend a little more on the monitor since i am getting the other stuff for free / cheap!

I did play a movie that does NOT have 5.1, and it plays through all the speakers, so i know there has to be a way to get the 5.1 to work! I spoke to a couple other installers who have claimed to have done the exact setup i am trying. I think the dealer wants this to work so they can do the same for future vehicles. Once i get it all worked out, i'll post what they needed to do to get it to work properly. So far, the factory head unit, monitor, headphones and installation, is only costing me $1,200! My budget was $2K, so i should be right where i want to be, plus the free goodies.

Our sales rep is great, and taking us to dinner on Wednesday as well! (i knwo this all sounds too good to be to true, but I could not believe it either)

Happy Weekend! :beer:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts