GMC Acadia Forum banner

Adding Chrome Window Trim?

22K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  NVH23 
#1 ·
Hi -

I just bought a black 2008 Acadia, and it has rubber trim on the lower window sill versus the chrome I saw on other (pricier) Acadias on the lot. I really prefer the look of the chrome - is there an after-market chrome trim kit available for the Acadia, or am I out of luck?

TIA.

#4 ·
Only the SLTs have the chrome trim along the bottom of the side windows. The other difference in the look of the SLE vs. the SLT is that the SLT has body colored side mirrors where the SLE has black plastic mirrors. See the side view of mine attached below.

Attachments

#6 ·
Sorry, I wasn't trying to ruin your perception of your SLE. I knew the differences going into my purchase and still chose the SLE. Enjoy.

And sorry, but I don't have an answer for your question about an aftermarket supplier for the trim. If you do find one, please post back here as I'm sure you won't be the only one looking for it.

#8 ·
If you contact a gm parts department, and explain what you are looking for, they can probably find you and order the slt chrome pieces. You just have to find someone at the dealership willing to help.

#12 ·
overdrive00 said:
The GMC dealers want around $400 for that bottom window trim. I have an SLE model and really want that trim. If anyone finds it, please let others know!

I finally found a chrome bug shield (Stampede makes them).
I checked the prices at our local dealer and they quote me around $65 per piece. If my math is correct, that's $260 for all four pieces before tax.

#13 ·
Can anyone verify if these are the correct part numbers for the beltline trim?

20851362 Passenger side rear side door window belt reveal molding; chrome.
20851361 Driver side rear side door window belt reveal molding; chrome.
20851366 Passenger side front door window belt reveal molding; chrome.
20851365 Driver side front door window belt reveal molding; chrome.

#14 ·
Can anyone verify if these are the correct part numbers for the beltline trim?

20851362 Passenger side rear side door window belt reveal molding; chrome.
20851361 Driver side rear side door window belt reveal molding; chrome.
20851366 Passenger side front door window belt reveal molding; chrome.
20851365 Driver side front door window belt reveal molding; chrome.

Did you find out if the above part numbers are correct for the chrome trim for window wills from SLT Acadias?

#15 ·
Acadia74 said:
Did you find out if the above part numbers are correct for the chrome trim for window wills from SLT Acadias?
Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, I verified that all part numbers are correct for the chrome trim with the exception of the passenger side rear door. For some reason when I ordered the trim, the vendor sent a different part number (25939931) for this door. The part fit just fine, so I'm thinking it might be an old part number or a Saturn Outlook part number. :shrug:

One other important thing I should point out is if you're going to order these from an online parts store (I ordered my from www.parts.com) that requests your VIN for parts verification, you need to add a comment that you're upgrading to SLT trim. I didn't do this and the first set I received was the black trim because the vendor "corrected" the part numbers according to my VIN. :facepalm:

I have to say that the chrome trim and the chrome Acadia name plates I added really do wonders for the appearance. :thumb: Now if I could just find a set of Red Jewel mirrors with integrated turn signals.

#16 ·
Any before and after pics.

#20 ·
Kloogee said:
Only the SLTs have the chrome trim along the bottom of the side windows. The other difference in the look of the SLE vs. the SLT is that the SLT has body colored side mirrors where the SLE has black plastic mirrors. See the side view of mine attached below.
All three of my SLE models have had body coloured mirrors. The black ones are only on the very very base model SLE. Add any package to the exterior (camera, cold weather, fog lights) and the mirrors become body coloured, and as far back as 2010, had signals also. I have had all Canadian models

#21 ·
The SL model (US made) is the base model for the Acadia and would have the black side mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
AA/78U said:
The SL model (US made) is the base model for the Acadia and would have the black side mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SLE model (canada) is the base model for the Acadia and would have the black side mirrors, unless an exterior package such as cold weather package or fog lights is optioned... then the mirrors are upgraded to body colour.

#24 ·
The package came in and for my amazement the dimensions don't fit :angryfire: The rear window sill placements are off by like a 1/8 of an inch or so. The front piece is also short and the front piece of the window sill is sliced to fit under the rear view mirror but is also short. My question is do the Acadia's with the chrome trim cover the whole window sill trim with no black rubber showing? any close up pics would help greatly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.