GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody added a TV tuner to a factory DVD system? The Rear Aux inputs are in a good spood to put a tuner under one of the seats. I was thinking of trying this out.

Are their any OTA HDTV solutions for cars yet? I couldn't find any info on the interweb (Google is my friend) but maybe somebody is plugged into that scene and could share?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a TV tuner plugged into the rear AUX ports of my Honda Pilot. I don't have it professionally mounted. Just hidden under the seats. The diversity antennas are hidden in my rear trunk comparment. When ever I want to use it, I just pull out the RCA plugs and plug it into the rear RCA jacks. For power, my Pilot has a rear cigarette outlet.

One day I'll probably pull it out of the Pilot (or just buy another one) and put it in my Acadia. Smiliar setup. Power in the trunk. Diversity antennas and Tuner device hidden in the rear trunk comparment. Then buy a long RCA plug and hide it under the seats, snaking its way up to the rear RCA plugs.

I have the Power Acoustik TUNER-5R with two diversity antennas. Works really well, as long as I'm near Chicago metropolitan area. The further I get away from Chicago, the less clear channels I get. Works great when the wife wants to shop and there's a game on that I don't want to miss.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Has anyone tried to connect one to the nav.? or how you would? or if you could?

·
Registered
159 Posts
and where did you buy it or did you order it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts