GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a small 8" powered bazooka just to add a little more bass to my sound i have the basic sound system in my acadia. and i was wondering where can i connect the subwoofer to. i know how to get the power. my question is do i have to run the sound wires all the way to the radio or do i run them to the rear speakers. and what is the metal box on the left side of the rear compartment next to the jack. is that the amplifier can i connect it there. i just dont want to tear up the dashboard i dont want rattles in the future. ????

·
Registered
119 Posts
with the low end stereo unit....not bose, the only place to pick up a sub signal is from the high level spkr wires. Yur amped unit will produce the sub signal i would think.

I have just finished my install of 5 channel amp, 4 doors and 1 sub ch, and the input to the amp is from the spkr wires and works fine......what does Yur instructions say about inputs ?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
shot_1 said:
with the low end stereo unit....not bose, the only place to pick up a sub signal is from the high level spkr wires. Yur amped unit will produce the sub signal i would think.

I have just finished my install of 5 channel amp, 4 doors and 1 sub ch, and the input to the amp is from the spkr wires and works fine......what does Yur instructions say about inputs ?
Did you add speakers to the third row, were the wires there?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
warhead2002 said:
and what is the metal box on the left side of the rear compartment next to the jack.
IIRC, that's the digital receiver for the XM radio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no my acadia doesnt have speakers in the third row. the amp has imputs from high or low inputs. i am planning to connect it to the speakers. but is there a way to do that with out opening my dashboard. does any one know where the wires run thru some where where i can splice it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If U only need 1 spkr input to yur unit....maybe look at the rear door spkr wire and trace it into the "B" pillar where U may could splice it.....then under the floor gaurds to the amp.
Does the BaZooka need power directly from battery?

I didn't find working into the dash a problem at all.... After looking at threads on this site and getting up my nerve. I h've had it out a couple of times now with little effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts