GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acadia's got a boo boo. Last Friday I had someone pull out in front of me and trashed the front end of the vehicle. So far the damages are estimated at $5200 but that could be more once they start pulling it apart. I miss driving it already. I've posted the pictures that the autobody shop took. Luckily I was not hurt. Surprisingly the airbags did not go off - I guess no sensors were hit. I had groceries in the car and my cinnamon roll cans all popped and I had soda cans everywhere (none exploded!).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Oh man that looks bad. I am glad to hear that you are OK. Was everyone else OK? Good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one else in the vehile with me (thank God!). The guy that hit me was driving on a ticket so he had no license and driving his girlfriends 1996 Eclipse. He had the nerve to say to me that his girlfriend just bought the car - I was thinking "hello mine is only 4 months old!" The cop didn't give him any slack and issued him another ticket! It's just a big hassle during the holiday time. Especially since they said it could take 4-5 weeks before I get it back. Then they wanted to give me a Toyota Corolla to drive - wouldn't go for that. I ended up with a 2008 Impala SS since they couldn't locate a SUV for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
kirbys4 said:
The guy that hit me was driving on a ticket so he had no license
And the solution for someone like this is another ticket. My solution? Amputation. ;D

Sucks man; I can relate - both previous vehicles I had were tenderly "tapped" by inattentive motorists. Wonderful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OUCH! Sorry to hear about your accident! :eek: Glad to hear weren't hurt. On the bright side, picture #1 shows you now have cold-air induction. ;D (Sorry, couldn't resist)

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
:eek:

Sorry to hear an see your accident.

Check out mine.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2771.0

Waiting for 2 doors, hinges,etc going on 2 weeks now. Parts are out there but GM cut back warehouses and it takes sooo long to drop ship.

I miss drving the Acadia and just want it back....or a new one. :)

Best of luck on the repairs. I have an 06 Grand Cherokee Laredo as my loaner from Geico. It was that ora Pontiac Torrent. Need/wantan SUV.

·
Registered
165 Posts
kirbys4 said:
my cinnamon roll cans all popped
Sorry about your accident. Glad you are o.k. When I read the above quote, I immediately thought of that urban legend where the lady thinks she got shot in the head and her brains were falling out but it was actually her biscuit can exploding. :uzi:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.asp

Best of luck with your repairs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bad luck but one ticket didn't stop him do they think one more will work? After two he needs jail time, maybe he will wake up after spending time behind bars just my opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now we are up to $8000 in damages and the body shop cannot get alot of the parts - they are backordered. They are trying everywhere they can to get the parts with no luck. At least I am not paying for the rental. I just hope that the Acadia will be the same as it was before. If not, I'll keep taking it back. Do I have any recourse here if things are not the same?

·
Registered
4 Posts
kirbys4 said:
Then they wanted to give me a Toyota Corolla to drive - wouldn't go for that. I ended up with a 2008 Impala SS since they couldn't locate a SUV for me.
Sweet! I guess it was good to rebut on the Corolla. With the 5.3 V8 in the SS it should move out pretty good. Only gotcha it's pushing the front wheels and not the rear.

Sorry to hear about your Acadia, hope it gets fixed to perfection. Let us know what you like about the SS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know how you feel. I was hit by a Honda Civic (something's up with that) when an 83 year old woman ran a red light. Fortunately no one was hurt and my Acadia probably saved me from serious injuries. The cop said any other car would have flipped. Because the Acadia is so heavy and low, I actually rode over the front of her car with my back wheels. Anyway, just to let you know, it took over 6 weeks for my Acadia to be repaired because of backordered parts. I missed the Acadia so much. No car can compare.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
kirbys4 said:
Now we are up to $8000 in damages and the body shop cannot get alot of the parts - they are backordered. They are trying everywhere they can to get the parts with no luck. At least I am not paying for the rental. I just hope that the Acadia will be the same as it was before. If not, I'll keep taking it back. Do I have any recourse here if things are not the same?
Get ready for along wait.

I needed hinges, doors, lower body moulding,etc and I am still waiting for it. The best part is that they can;t give you a shipping update b/c it is drop shipped not sent by a specialty carrier.

Accident on 12/5 and they hope to have the parts on 12/31 or 1/2. then its a 60 hr job they say. So add another week on top of that.

My parts were ordered from Performance Chevrolet in East Meadow,NY. They are the largest distributor of parts left on LOng Island. Nothing was backordered but they didn;t have anything stocked. GM shut down a lot of parts warehouses so the options are limited.

I love my Acadia, but now I wish I had leased that XC90 b/c parts would be around for it. That will all change once I get it back...hopefully.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just heard back from the body shop and they are expecting most of the backordered parts to arrive this week. But there is still one part - the fan that cools the engine - that is not expected to be available until March! GM supposedly switched vendors so there is no stock available. The body shop is trying to see if they can get the part from the production line. I guess I'll just keep rolling the miles up on the rental instead of the Acadia.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:blob:Finally got it back yesterday. The body shop did an excellent job. We did notice that there was some overspray on the right fender and they fixed it immediately. So far I have no complaints on the work they did. The bohdy shop has a lifetime guarantee on their work. The total cost of repairs was $7800 and the rental was almost $1000 for the time I had it. My husband and I are taking bets to see how long it takes for Geico to drop the insured.

·
Registered
108 Posts
EEK! A sickening feeling to see an Acadia like that.
I hope the guys insurance covers everything. My husband was hit by an unlicenced motorist who had the insurance card BUT when we called his company he had not paid so the valid card that he showed the cop was actually worthless. Our uninsured motorist plan that thank god we kept ended up footing the $2,300 bill. In the end I'm sure we will be paying for an increase.
Lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts