GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I noticed that the accessory power remained on with the key out of the iginition. It normally turns off when I open the driver side door but this time I was in the passenger seat. The power remained on when I got out of the car on the passenger side. Anybody know how long it might stay on? I would think that with radio/nav on there could be a substantial battery drain unless it times out and turns off.

·
Registered
362 Posts
WME said:
The other day I noticed that the accessory power remained on with the key out of the iginition. It normally turns off when I open the driver side door but this time I was in the passenger seat.
News to me. I thought they were all hot all the time. ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOP's I didn't word that right! The radio/nav stays on not the power outlets, they are always hot like you said.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The feature you are refering to is Retained Accessory Power (RAP). Items like radio, windows, etc.. stay powered up after vehicle shutdown until the doors are open. I noticed on my GMT900 Denali that only the drivers door will deactivate RAP. I'm pretty sure previous models deactivated w/ any door opening. Apparently the Acadia is like mine as well.

As for your question, typical RAP "on-time" is 10 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts