GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Acadia and love it! One question I cannot seem to find an answer on....When I plug my phone charger into the outlet, it seems to pull power from my battery(led on charger is lit) when the car is off.

My Toyota shuts these outlets off and you do not have to keep pulling the charger out of the outlet. Anyone having any battery problems keeping the charger in the outlet full time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I leave my cell charger plugged in an accessory outlet all the time in my 07 Outlook. The charger indicator light glows at all times and I have never had a problem with a low battery even when I don't drive for several days.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The outlets are all unswitched. They supply power at all times. However, when your phone is fully charged, which only requires a very small portion of the cars capacity, it will stop drawing current and there will be no discharge. Also the electrical system has a safety shutoff if your attached device draw the car supply too low, so you are covered either way.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If you would prefer one of the outlets to be switched you could tap into one of the switched power lines and run that to the outlet instead of the constant source. Doesn't seem worth it if the cell is the only thing you are using it for, but it's an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts