GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot on this board about the acceleration lag issues. I believe that I am experiencing something, but not sure that it is the issue that was happening with the pre-Feb. 20 build dates. It seems to me that the transmission "pops" a bit to find the initial few gears, just not smooth. I called my dealer and the service department said that anything after February 12 has the latest software in it. Mine was built on March 6. Has anyone with a post Feb. 12 build date experienced this problem? Did you get it reprogrammed, and if so, did it help? Thank you.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've posted about a lag in my transmission, sometimes around 20, definitely around 40, and sometimes 60 mphs where I press the gas pedal down and nothing happens for several seconds. Then it sometimes jerks into the acceleration. Mine was built after Feb 12th, too. Not sure what to do about it. I wasn't sure if it was the car, or me, considering I was used to a luxury sedan and am now in this heavy SUV. I half-way considered this to be normal, but question it, too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Someone posted a website where you can check the revison of software that is in your Transmission...so you may want to check that out if you haven't done so.

However, this transmission has adaptive shift points, so it truly does learn how you drive over time. I had this in my Dodge Caravan, and a tranny programmer (at Ford) told me a quick way of teaching it what you like with regard to up-shift points is to follow this example:

From a standstill, press the pedal part way down to get moving, then BEFORE it shifts to the next gear (2nd), press the pedal a bit further. This tells the transmission control to maintain the current gear longer. After it shifts to 2nd, adjust the pedal down further. It will maintain 2nd gear much longer based upon your pedal change. If the pedal was all the way down when you entered 2nd, you can let it up slightly and push it again to cause it to recognize the signal for an extended RPM shift.

By doing this often at the shift points you want to change, it will begin to shift as taught under hard acceleration.

I have found this extended RPM shifting to work the same way in my Acadia. For getting it to downshift, try the same technique...press a bit, then press again to get it to quickly recognize the driver's 2nd request to speed things along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.