GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we test drove an acadia and found that the seats were really low and not very big, but we have a suburban now so the seats are really big and comfortable!!
Anywase does anyone think the Enclave's seats will be any more comfortable or cushioned better?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have an 07 Tahoe and an 07 Outlook, both with leather seats. Both cars have been on 1,000 mile + trips. My wife and I agree that the seats and the ride in the Outlook are much better.

·
Registered
380 Posts
GMoney,
Did you drive a SLT-2 or base? There is a big difference in the seat adjustments between them. I am used to 8 way seats in my Crown Victorias and so far the Acadia is fine. ???

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
We test drove an Outlook before buying our Acadia and the seats in both of them are identical, as far as I can tell. Compared to my G coupe, the seats have very little side bolsters, but then again, it's not a sports coupe. I find the Acadias seats to be extremely comfortable and supportive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We drove a SLT-2 w/ Brick i rode in the second row and the seats there seamed really low( i thought they were comfortable just to low)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think this is going to come down to presonal preference. As someone who is short (5'5"), what I find to be
comfortable, probably is going to be uncomfortable for a much taller person.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
Today we test drove an acadia and found that the seats were really low and not very big, but we have a suburban now so the seats are really big and comfortable!!
Anywase does anyone think the Enclave's seats will be any more comfortable or cushioned better?
I've sat in the Buick. The seats are very similar to the Acadia's, with perhaps a touch more (or a touch softer) padding. The difference is more notable in the seatbacks than in the seat bottoms, but even there the difference isn't large. When I reviewed the Outlook, I singled out the seats as a weak compared to the rest of the vehicle. Not bad, but not great, either.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
admin said:
I find the Acadias seats to be extremely comfortable and supportive.
This may be the difference between leather and cloth. I have cloth seats. I spent many hours and miles (close to 750 miles) in my Acadia this weekend and discovered that my seats are NOT that comfortable at all. My legs and knees ached terribly when getting out of the vehicle after an extended period of time. They do feel pretty good on my back though as far as the lumbar support goes.

Giving my Acadia the benefit of the doubt, perhaps I just need to adjust my driver's seat more until it's comfortable for longer road trips. I'm certainly going to have to mess with that before heading to Arkansas this weekend.

Anyone else find the cloth seats to be not so comfortable??

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've posted this on another tread I think, but why do you care if the back seat is low? Are you gonna be sitting back there? I doubt it so for kids and adults that aren't going to be riding back there a lot it probably won't matter. I do agree that they are lower than a lot of cars but it's a trade off of lower vehicle height verses a little bit of comfort for people who don't have to ride back there that often.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think the seats are fine in the SLT-2 Acadia we bought--just came back of a 1600 mile trip to Florida and back--one day we were 15 hours in the car--I thought they were very comfortable.

However, my wife did say that if I sell the 03 BMW 5 series, she wants me to put the BMW seats in her Acadia!
I just checked the copy of the original sticker and they were a $1200 option (16-way Comfort Seats)--she likes the way they heat her back and the way the back adjusts in the middle to form around her back. I think they are fine for "aggressive" driving, but not necessary for the "regular" kind of driving we do in the Acadia.
Now if they come up with a performance "Denali" version . . . then maybe some bolstered seats will be needed!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coloradoGM said:
I've posted this on another tread I think, but why do you care if the back seat is low? Are you gonna be sitting back there? I doubt it so for kids and adults that aren't going to be riding back there a lot it probably won't matter. I do agree that they are lower than a lot of cars but it's a trade off of lower vehicle height verses a little bit of comfort for people who don't have to ride back there that often.
Im just a teenager so when both of my parents are in the car and im not driving i have to sit in the second row. It didnt really bugg me but i think i was just excited about riding in an acadia..

·
Registered
284 Posts
We have a '04 Suburban, and an '02 Avalanche before that, so I'm very familiar with the Suburban and large GM truck in general seats. When I test drove the Acadia, I wasn't sure what to expect in that aspect but wasn't totally dismayed. Everything folds flat easily, which is a HUGE advantage over the full-size GM suv's, but as has been said before, the rear seats do feel low, at least to a lot of people. The seat design itself is not uncomfortable, but back to back with something like a Tahoe, for instance, you get the same support but feel like you're down in a hole a bit in a Lambda crossover back there or that you have the settings wrong and too low. As compared to being higher, and your legs having a more natural downward spread in the larger trucks.

Now, again, it wasn't really objectionable, and if I wasn't familiar with the Suburban, I might not have noticed as much, but it's still something to consider. It bothers some people, and others could care less. To me, the Lambdas are so strong in most every aspect, I could probably overlook it, but I'd have to give the rear seats another try out and a longer test to see.

As for the Enclave, as was said, nothing really different aside from some cushioning aspects, and the same semi low rear height.

·
Registered
100 Posts
002 said:
I think the seats are fine in the SLT-2 Acadia we bought--just came back of a 1600 mile trip to Florida and back--one day we were 15 hours in the car--I thought they were very comfortable.

However, my wife did say that if I sell the 03 BMW 5 series, she wants me to put the BMW seats in her Acadia!
I just checked the copy of the original sticker and they were a $1200 option (16-way Comfort Seats)--she likes the way they heat her back and the way the back adjusts in the middle to form around her back. I think they are fine for "aggressive" driving, but not necessary for the "regular" kind of driving we do in the Acadia.
Now if they come up with a performance "Denali" version . . . then maybe some bolstered seats will be needed!

002- nice to see another Acadia-BMW car owner! ;D

·
Registered
306 Posts
BoodRedHog,

I must admit, I do enjoy driving both vehicles--for different reasons. The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the explanation cadddycruiser!! that is the same way i feel.. I would not have even noticed that the seats were lower if my parents wouldnt have sat back there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
002 said:
BoodRedHog,

I must admit, I do enjoy driving both vehicles--for different reasons. The best of both worlds.

You suck, don't we all want an M5, where do you live maybe I can come over and drive it. I've driven a Corvette but have always wanted to drive an M5 and when I went to the dealer to drive one I think they were laughing at me when I pulled up in my Grand Am and wanted to drive an M5.

·
Registered
306 Posts
coloradoGM said:
002 said:
BoodRedHog,

You suck, don't we all want an M5, where do you live maybe I can come over and drive it. I've driven a Corvette but have always wanted to drive an M5 and when I went to the dealer to drive one I think they were laughing at me when I pulled up in my Grand Am and wanted to drive an M5.
Maybe you need to borrow a different car (Rolls, Mercedes, Bently, etc) from a friend next time you go to test drive a M5 or such.

I live in Virginia where George Washington kicked Cornwalis' butt back in the 1700's (Yorktown). The M5 drives much like a Corvette with room for wife and 2 grandkids, vice room for wife only! It is built a wee bit better than the Vette (materials), but the Vette gets my juices going. I'd love to have a Z06, but wife says must get rid of BMW to get Z06--really would like to have both. (I traded a 2000 Vette Convertible for it in 2003, also had a 90 and a 76 Vette)

Now the new V-10 M5 is faster (my neighbor has one, but I like the looks of the older one better).

P.S. I have let others drive my BMW, but no strangers yet!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Well if the looks on the M5 don't do it for you, you can always opt for the M6, same powerplant in super-sexy sheet metal! Assuming, of course, that you have a money tree growing on the back yard...

·
Registered
306 Posts
admin said:
Well if the looks on the M5 don't do it for you, you can always opt for the M6, same powerplant in super-sexy sheet metal! Assuming, of course, that you have a money tree growing on the back yard...
I do like the M6 looks and the way it drives--I do not like the price--the one I looked at was $101,875.
That would be a very hard sell with my wife--she'd rather have another room added to the house that we could fill with more furniture. I guess it's all about priorities--sometimes the husband and the wife do have different ones.

·
Registered
487 Posts
002 said:
coloradoGM said:
002 said:
BoodRedHog,

Maybe you need to borrow a different car (Rolls, Mercedes, Bently, etc) from a friend next time you go to test drive a M5 or such.

I live in Virginia where George Washington kicked Cornwalis' butt back in the 1700's (Yorktown). The M5 drives much like a Corvette with room for wife and 2 grandkids, vice room for wife only! It is built a wee bit better than the Vette (materials), but the Vette gets my juices going. I'd love to have a Z06, but wife says must get rid of BMW to get Z06--really would like to have both. (I traded a 2000 Vette Convertible for it in 2003, also had a 90 and a 76 Vette)

Now the new V-10 M5 is faster (my neighbor has one, but I like the looks of the older one better).

P.S. I have let others drive my BMW, but no strangers yet!
Man I wish I had your problems, M5, Z06 I just can't decide. Oh well maybe when I hit my 30's I can get an M3 or standard Vette. Did you hear that when I hit my 30's >:D. Just thought I'd give you a hard time. I do agree that my wife would probably want a bigger house before I buy a car like an M or Vette. I know who wears the pants in the family and **** it we will be getting a bigger house. :beer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts