GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or at least the Gurnee area. Crikey.

I parked at Kohl's the other day and in the same aisle I was parked in were three other Acadias! Two carbon black and one gold mist.

I parked next to a blue gold at Noodles & Co. not too long ago too. And there's a red jewel and a white diamond in my same neighborhood. I see them all the time.

At work, in the garage I park in, there are two Outlooks (red and a blue) and across the street in the lot, there's two Acadias (dark crimson and black) that are there every day.

I can't leave this house without seeing an Acadia on the road other than my own. I miss having a unique vehicle. :D Anyone else noticing an over-abundance of Acadias in their area?

·
Registered
540 Posts
The Acadia's are all over the place on Staten Island. The others follow in this order. Traverse,Outlook,and Enclave. They are definately a hot seller.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I think Gurnee is a skewed example... ever since "The Article" it has become a Mecca of sorts for Acadia owners. I'm surprised there were only three in the lot- of course, the others probably parked close by and they carpooled (Acadiapooled?) to your location. :p

Last night, we drove to my favorite chicken wing enclave in the Challenger since Mrs. Blue is away in the Acadia. On the 20 mile trip there, I saw a gold mist Acadia stopped on the side of the road & the people were walking a dog. I'm pretty sure I saw the same one in town after we ate. I always point them out as we traverse the highways and byways. Needless to say, I'm the only one in the vehicle that has this outlook towards vehicles. I do the same thing for Corvettes (pretty) and Vibes (cute) :binky:. Once in a blue moon Mrs. Blue will tell me of a Corvair she has seen for sale at roadside- I think this is done more as a suggestion than information :D.

I still see a lot more Envoys it seems, but the Acadias are catching up. I've spotted a couple of Traverses and a few Outlooks and Enclaves in town. There is a lady at our church that has a 2007 blue Acadia and parked next to us a few months ago- I posted about it here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Funny I was just telling my wife about this last night. We went to the movies last night (UP), and on the way we saw a black acadia, and going home we saw silver Acadia. I told my wife that its almost everyday now that I see an Acadia. More and more Acadias are showing up here in Vancouver! :thumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's not so bad here in tree hugging Toronto. There's an over abundance of Prius, and other puny cars that fight for space with the bicyclists.

Some days we go about and not come across one. In fact, we haven't seen one for over 3 weeks now. The most prevalent place that we've seen Acadias is near our children's school. On non-school days, we're the only one in an Acadia!

I am happy that I have a fairly large truck, but now that we've gotten accustom to it, we feel that our next one needs to be just a tad larger! We love the design and everything about it.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
19inches said:
It's not so bad here in tree hugging Toronto. There's an over abundance of Prius, and other puny cars that fight for space with the bicyclists.

Some days we go about and not come across one. In fact, we haven't seen one for over 3 weeks now. The most prevalent place that we've seen Acadias is near our children's school. On non-school days, we're the only one in an Acadia!

I am happy that I have a fairly large truck, but now that we've gotten accustom to it, we feel that our next one needs to be just a tad larger![/color] We love the design and everything about it.
Maybe in Canada, but not here with our current leader

·
Super Moderator
22,405 Posts
19inches said:
.... There's an over abundance of Prius, and other puny cars that fight for space with the bicyclists. ....
In traffic-ridden Balt./Wash., we call those things "targits." Just crank up the old "Bazooka" and let 'er rip! It shatters the hybreeds and leaves the granoly-cyclists along the shoulder stewing in their own scat!
GOT ANOTHER ONE, MAUDE!!! :uzi:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
They truely are everywhere now.
There is one of each in my parking lot, Acadia (mine), Traverse, Enclave, and Outlook.

·
Registered
67 Posts
speleos said:
In traffic-ridden Balt./Wash., we call those things "targits." Just crank up the old "Bazooka" and let 'er rip! It shatters the hybreeds and leaves the granoly-cyclists along the shoulder stewing in their own scat!
GOT ANOTHER ONE, MAUDE!!! :uzi:
Yeah...I can't stand those eono-cars. Funniest is when you see a 6" guy squished into one of those totally uncomfortable cars. Yes, and not to mention their lack of safety.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
19inches said:
Yeah...I can't stand those eono-cars. Funniest is when you see a 6" guy[/color] squished into one of those totally uncomfortable cars. Yes, and not to mention their lack of safety.
Would the 6 inch guy be green and known as Gumby? Shouldn't bee too hard of a fit. When my kid was smaller, they had a 6" bear that fit into the cup holder of my Trans Am. :p :D

·
Super Moderator
22,405 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Would the 6 inch guy be green and known as Gumby? Shouldn't bee too hard of a fit. When my kid was smaller, they had a 6" bear that fit into the cup holder of my Trans Am. :p :D
I thought he was talking about "Mr. Bill" :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
lambdas everywhere!!!

:thumb: just returned from a little trip with the fam from pensacola, fl and gulf shore, al area. I have never seen as many lambda vehicles in one area. there have to be alot of lambda lovers out there who dont post on this board. anyway just wanted to share...... was very happy to see all types of people enjoying their trucks as much as I do! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
22,405 Posts
What's a truck?? :eek:

We have GM Crossovers all around our immediate neighborhood! - at least 2 Acadias, several Outlooks, and a few Enclaves. Haven't seen a Traverse here, yet!
:hyper:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the way to work this morning, there were two other Acadias on the tollway alongside me and the same deal going home (though different Acadias each time). :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Some say that it is a constantly rotating security detail due to your celebrity, and the Paparazzi are constantly trying to infiltrate it. All we know is that Red Jewel looks good even through a 1700 mm lens from a mile away. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
In Southeast Michigan they are obviously everywhere... but knowing that a $30K - $45K+ vehicle is seen everywhere it makes me wonder about the suffering economy and the bankrupt car company. I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I took a trip from Virginia to Mancelona, Michigan and back last weekend and counted 135 Acadias!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two coworkers of mine have fallen in love with my Acadia. I wouldn't doubt I see a couple more in the parking lot at work in a few weeks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wife and I picked up our new 2009 Acadia last week, Carbon Black Metallic AWD, and we are both getting to enjoy it!
We bought it primarily for towing our new travel trailer, having traded in our beloved Subaru Tribeca, as it didn't have the capacity to tow the trailer.
Why did we choose the Acadia? AWD, natch, we wouldn't have it any other way, the seating capacity (7-seater with captain chairs in the second row), the extra room and engine power and torque, and having owned three GMC Safari AWD Mini-vans in the past, and with great results with them, we felt confident we were making the right decision. As a matter of fact, my wife says she feels like she's back in the Safari, and feels very comfortable!
As for Acadias taking over the world, I belive it! I am a truck driver, and in my daily trips I am seeing more and more of them every day! Heck, in my neighborhood alone I have counted 5 Acadia's in the past two weeks, and my neighbor across the street from me has a 2007 Silver Acadia, and he loves it!
When the Acadia hits the 1,000 mile mark,(any day now) I will be making two changes to the engine, and I will let you know how they turn out, should be interesting!
Keep it under 90, folks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Web Raven said:
I can't leave this house without seeing an Acadia on the road other than my own. I miss having a unique vehicle. :D Anyone else noticing an over-abundance of Acadias in their area?
YES! This summer I've been seeing them left & right! Oddly enough, it does feel like someone is stealing my thunder. I want to say "Yeah, well...I was first!" Um, but that wouldn't be cool. :-\ What can I say Web, when one has such good taste others are bound to catch on. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts