• Short Version

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Ok, this is take 2 - I've had several people wanty to change their vote to the newest long version, while the short version w/ acadia got the most votes before. So I've cleared out the old Poll and want to narrow it down from these two. Please cast your vote if you are interested in getting one (or more) of these for around $2 shipped.

Long Version #2:

Short Version:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: acadiaforum.net Window Clings - need your input

I voted for short version with picture. However, feel free to ignore my vote as I personally prefer not to put stickers/clings on my vehicles. They look good though. I like the "negative" look of the Acadia.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Kloogee said:
I voted for short version with picture. However, feel free to ignore my vote as I personally prefer not to put stickers/clings on my vehicles. They look good though. I like the "negative" look of the Acadia.
I second the short one w/ the Acadia, but agree that I NEVER put stuff on my cars either!

Good work though!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

I like the short version or the long version, but with the Acadia in it. Looks very cool. I'm not opposed to putting window clings on my vehicle. Bumper stickers... NO. In fact, I used to put my bumper stickers on magnetic sheets and then put them on my car until an incident with Armor All car wash not being rinsed off completely and a week of incredibly hot HOT HOT weather, melted them to the paint on my last Saturn Vue. DOH!

Anywho, I placed my vote for short version with Acadia. :thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts

The one I like isn't there yet... The long one with the large ACADIA in front of the forum.net then maybe the picture at the back/end. It looks like it would balance out in size of words and picture...I'm big on balance. I have no idea why...just my thoughts.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Wouldn't a simple vinyl cut decal be better? Not sure what a "cling" would look like, but IMO it would look cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

rolloffhill said:
Wouldn't a simple vinyl cut decal be better? Not sure what a "cling" would look like, but IMO it would look cheap.
Short version with acadia laser cut!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Karol - I think I know what you're talking about. I can try to do that and see how it looks.

rollofhill - I refuse to put anything adhesive on my vehicles, so I assumed most others would too. I'm not sure hwy you think it would look cheap. They look just like stickers, but in your window. Here's a window cling ribbon:

kloogee and arwmommy - why would you be opposed to window clings? You just don't like the look of anything in your rear or side windows? I specifically chose clings because they are adhesive. They simply use static to tick to your windows, so they aren't permanent.

I'd like to add, please vote on this poll if you'd be interested in purchasing one of these for a few bucks so I can guage interest. If there's not enough people who want them, I won't bother...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

KarolsAcadia said:
The one I like isn't there yet... The long one with the large ACADIA in front of the forum.net then maybe the picture at the back/end. It looks like it would balance out in size of words and picture...I'm big on balance. I have no idea why...just my thoughts.
Karol - is this what you had in mind?

·
Registered
249 Posts

I would definitely put a cling in my window. In fact, I suspect the only cling that would work well would be a white on black, considering the dark tint in the rear. Would the white show through sufficiently enough?

·
Registered
212 Posts

I like both short versions. Personally I would prefer vinyl decals, as they are more visible and don't move around when cleaning the window. I question how much of the cling on would show through the dark tinted back window.

But either way, I'm a supporter and would proudly display this when they become available.

·
Registered
112 Posts

i like first and third version. I have clings outside (Eagles and Flyers), right and left top rear window, under reflector. There have been for long and didn't come off during auto wash. I will put one as soon it will be available.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

admin said:
KarolsAcadia said:
I LIKE THIS ONE. I like the laser cut vinyl for the window. I too will not put anything on the paint, only windows.

·
Registered
339 Posts

admin said:
kloogee and arwmommy - why would you be opposed to window clings? You just don't like the look of anything in your rear or side windows? I specifically chose clings because they are adhesive. They simply use static to tick to your windows, so they aren't permanent.
I understand what they are, I personally just prefer not to clutter up the look of my vehicle by placing things on it. I'd be excited to see one on someone else's Acadia, but just not on mine. I'm kind of screwy in the head like that though. :beer:

They

·
Registered
681 Posts

For all those people who think we are driving AR[/color]CADIA'S this one is for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts

admin said:
Karol - I think I know what you're talking about. I can try to do that and see how it looks.

rollofhill - I refuse to put anything adhesive on my vehicles, so I assumed most others would too. I'm not sure hwy you think it would look cheap. They look just like stickers, but in your window. Here's a window cling ribbon:

I'd like to add, please vote on this poll if you'd be interested in purchasing one of these for a few bucks so I can guage interest. If there's not enough people who want them, I won't bother...
I personally just don't dig multicolored decals/clings/bumperstickers ect. I think a single color vinyl decal looks the best, and only on windows. With the actual picture of the acadia in there I don't think it looks good. I like the KISS rule personally. Most forums I see that sell stickers are usually the vinyl decals and they almost always go over quite well. I had some made up for my forum at a local sign shop for a couple bucks each, then gave them away for free advertising...:D

·
Registered
263 Posts

admin said:
KarolsAcadia said:
I LIKE IT!!!!!! Good job flipping the picture around...lo.l But you know, looking at the sticker/decal, that would look pretty cool on the window as well, in white as Trav said...as long as it was in the center...bottom or top..... ;D One of my Students parents owns/is opening a decal shop and he told me he would make whatever I want....maybe I'll try it...If it looks like s***, I'll just peal it off. I'll post pic's....if i ever get my Acadia! :blob:

·
Registered
339 Posts

admin said:
I kind of like that one as well. One thing that might make it look even a little better would be to make the ACADIA letters so that they are the same height as the actual picture of the vehicle itself.

Again, feel free to ignore me on this thread as I'm not likely to be putting one on my Acadia. :beer:

·
Registered
249 Posts

Funny, I guess you can just call me really fussy but something about the font(s) used there doesn't quite do it for me. Perhaps it's because there's no visual depth to them (unlike the beveled and metalic-looking characters in the forum logo) but I dunno, makes it look a little less polished perhaps?

I'm all for simplicity, but maybe in contrast to the very shadowed Acadia vehicle graphic they just look too bland?

·
Registered
263 Posts

I kind of like that one as well. One thing that might make it look even a little better would be to make the ACADIA letters so that they are the same height as the actual picture of the vehicle itself.

Again, feel free to ignore me on this thread as I'm not likely to be putting one on my Acadia. :beer:
[/quote]

Nope... Not gonna ignore you...I agree, it's the whole blance thing, I get it. But I agree with Trav as well, something about the bumper doesn't look right. The white is too bright, for me anyway.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts