GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our X5 lease is up, need to figure out next family car.

We need 3 rows, second row needs to be captain chairs, so 5 year old can walk to the back.

Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
Each vehicle has it's own merits. None of these are as sporty as your BMW, but they all have more room. Of the three the Acadia is probably the closest to your BMW in the way it drives,, the Yukon will pull the heaviest trailer, and the Honda is the most passenger friendly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Also look at Buick Enclave. Acadia good car and available a lot options. Good option for family is a head up display.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
I traded in my 04 Yukon XL for the Acadia. The Acadia is quite roomy and not as tank like to drive as the Yukon. The Yukon will run you about $90.00 give or take a few bucks, to fill and it will suck up some gas with the 8 cylinder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I just traded an 03 suburban for the Acadia. I know for me it boiled down to whether there was enough cargo room behind the third row for our family of 5. So I opted for the 8 seater, so I could have the third row flat on long trips if needed. Works for us and I love driving the Acadia, much sportier that the yukon xl or suburban ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Resurrection of this, I can't figure out if I should trade in the Acadia (2013 30k miles) for a new 15 Yukon Denali.

I have been reading and it seems that the Yukons are "stronger" in the long run. I won't toe or have the reason to in the near future, snow some times, 7 seats are fine, lots of time on the road.

Thoughts?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,011 Posts
PRLx1967 said:
Resurrection of this, I can't figure out if I should trade in the Acadia (2013 30k miles) for a new 15 Yukon Denali.

I have been reading and it seems that the Yukons are "stronger" in the long run. I won't toe or have the reason to in the near future, snow some times, 7 seats are fine, lots of time on the road.

Thoughts?
Seems like a decision to be made from ... ... the bottom up - if you know what I mean. They're both nice vehicles. It might all boil down to comfort and 'eye candy.'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
PRLx1967 said:
Resurrection of this, I can't figure out if I should trade in the Acadia (2013 30k miles) for a new 15 Yukon Denali.

I have been reading and it seems that the Yukons are "stronger" in the long run. I won't toe or have the reason to in the near future, snow some times, 7 seats are fine, lots of time on the road.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are, from a practical standpoint, this would be nuts. Of course, if you are in love with the Yukon, go for it, but you don't tow so you don't need a truck platform. Significant Pros of the Yukon: more modern, maybe more reliable (TBD). Significant Cons: won't drive as well, its a truck.

As a guess, it would cost you $25k to make that switch. If it is only about getting a "stronger" vehicle, stick the 25k in the bank and use it for repairs. You can replace whatever breaks on the Acadia 4 times over for that.

Of course, your money and your decision, so go with what you want. I personally have sticker shock over the new GM Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban line.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
z28lt1 said:
I personally have sticker shock over the new GM Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban line.
+1; it's getting out of hand
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
Another 'con' on the list for the Yukon... it has a full frame. If you don't need the strength of a full frame for hauling, I would avoid it as a daily driver. From a safety point of view, a full frame is typically not the best in a severe crash. I have a Sierra, and I only use it for hauling, otherwise the family stays in the safer unibody of the Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
Don't know how soon you want buy and if price is a factor but the some Enclaves that have been in dealer stoc klong are being discounted 20% off MSRP, until Jan 2nd. There are several near here some 2014s and 2015s that were $51+ that are selling for $41. Wish I would have waited to buy mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
I would look at an Audi Q7 before you make your decision. 7 passenger and very nice upscale vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
The pre 2002 Yukon XL/suburban were good, but I have had several with major issues such as air suspension with the newer ones. Rented a 2014 yukonxl and it was sooo cheap feeling and the seats were bad. I have a 2011 Acadia that is nothing but problems. MADE IN CHINA. GM doesnt want you to have a vehicle over 80,000 miles so they can sell more.

Your only real choice is a minivan unless you want something like a Sequoia or Nissan SUV. I have heard decent reviews about other small 3 row suvs also. Just my 2 cents, dont worry about removing the middle bench seat and putting 2 captain chairs in it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,011 Posts
lemonowner9 said:
The pre 2002 Yukon XL/suburban were good, but I have had several with major issues such as air suspension with the newer ones. Rented a 2014 yukonxl and it was sooo cheap feeling and the seats were bad. I have a 2011 Acadia that is nothing but problems. MADE IN CHINA. GM doesnt want you to have a vehicle over 80,000 miles so they can sell more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
encadia said:
I would look at an Audi Q7 before you make your decision. 7 passenger and very nice upscale vehicle.
LOL. Nice work suggesting a brand with an even WORSE reputation for reliability. At least the dealer experience is better?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top