GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very frustrated, and in need of desperate help. I have a 2010 GMC Acadia. Service engine light on, and diagnostic is coming back with several misfire codes. Replaced battery, starter, all 6 coils, spark plugs, 2 of the 3 O2 sensors, mass air flow sensor and it still wont start. The other day I was stopped at a stop light, and when it became green, I started to take of and the Acadia just turned off out of now were and I havent been able to get it to start ever since. We have tried the process of elimination, and now it is getting to expensive for me to keep replacing parts. Can someone please help me try to figure this out?

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Fuel pump in tank- or high pressure fuel pump attached to engine?

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
I honestly have no idea, how would I find this information out?
First, check the electric (in-tank) fuel pump. Turn the key to 'ON' and you should hear the pump buzzing for about 2 seconds. No sound from the pump means either it's gone bad, or maybe has become disconnected, fuse blown, or something else.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I honestly have no idea, how would I find this information out?
There are two fuel pumps. One in the tank and the high pressure pump under the hood. rbarrios is suggesting one of the fuel pumps failed.

Instead of throwing parts at it, hoping to fix the problem, you need to spend some time on diagnosing the problem.

First thing is to scan for trouble codes.

Next you need to figure what element is missing from those needed for the engine to run. You need air, fuel and spark. At least one of those is missing. You need to figure out which.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are two fuel pumps. One in the tank and the high pressure pump under the hood. rbarrios is suggesting one of the fuel pumps failed.

Instead of throwing parts at it, hoping to fix the problem, you need to spend some time on diagnosing the problem.

First thing is to scan for trouble codes.

Next you need to figure what element is missing from those needed for the engine to run. You need air, fuel and spark. At least one of those is missing. You need to figure out which.
Im not just throwing money and parts at it. I took it to auto zone and had the machine hooked up, it came back with 24 codes, 20 of them being misfires. So this is why I have replaced all I have replaced.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, check the electric (in-tank) fuel pump. Turn the key to 'ON' and you should hear the pump buzzing for about 2 seconds. No sound from the pump means either it's gone bad, or maybe has become disconnected, fuse blown, or something else.
Okay, my unlce is coming by this afternoon, Ill pass this information on so we can check that.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Im not just throwing money and parts at it. I took it to auto zone and had the machine hooked up, it came back with 24 codes, 20 of them being misfires. So this is why I have replaced all I have replaced.
It seems you have been throwing away your money and a lot of time. A scan is not definitive in determing the root cause of a problem. That requires more intensive diagnosis, something which apparently hasn't been done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems you have been throwing away your money and a lot of time. A scan is not definitive in determine the root cause of a problem. That requires more intensive diagnosis, something which apparently hasn't been done.
yes I am fully aware of that. I have replaced everything that i was told to replace from what the codes said. the not cranking issue has come up after it cut off on me in the middle of the highway. The mechanic said it was my starter since I had gotten a new battery, so I replaced the starter and still nothing. You can tell its getting fire because it seems to want to crank just wont.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Is the check engine light currently on? If so you need a fresh scan to know what codes triggered the light.

How many miles on the vehicle?

Are you saying the engine no longer cranks when you turn the key?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the check engine light currently on? If so you need a fresh scan to know what codes triggered the light.

How many miles on the vehicle?

Are you saying the engine no longer cranks when you turn the key?

Yes engine light was currently on the last time i was able to fully start the vehicle. And yes I thought of that last nite about having it ran again, so going to see if I can get someone over here with a machine to hook it up since I have done all the misfire work on it. current milage is 145,244. Im not sure how to properly answer the question about cranking. When i turn the key it seems to want to try to start but will not.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why are people unwilling to bring a vehicle into a dealer service center for these more involved issues? I guarantee the original poster would not have had to throw all these random parts at the vehicle had she gotten a professional and comprehensive diagnostic of the vehicle from the onset.

I mean, replacing the starter when the vehicle died while running? Come on now, we're just throwing money away.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Why are people unwilling to bring a vehicle into a dealer service center for these more involved issues? ...
It really doesn't have to be a dealer's service center. Any qualified tech with the proper equipment should be able to do the work. OBD-II diagnoses and repair measures are fairly consistent throughout the industry. Few trouble codes are proprietary to the vehicle's manufacturer. The only real advantage to visiting the dealer's shop is that those techs (supposedly) know where the parts on a vehicle are located and how to easily get to them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why are people unwilling to bring a vehicle into a dealer service center for these more involved issues? I guarantee the original poster would not have had to throw all these random parts at the vehicle had she gotten a professional and comprehensive diagnostic of the vehicle from the onset.

I mean, replacing the starter when the vehicle died while running? Come on now, we're just throwing money away.

Excuse me but if u fully read the posts all the work except the started was replaced because that was the misfire codes that came back. As far as the starter, I had 4 mechanics at shops tell me it was my starter, that is why I replaced the starter. So it was taken to mechanic shops, as well as me having 2 individuals that i know do mechanic work and has been doing it look it over and we are just now narrowing it down to possibly fuel issues or it jumped timing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excuse me but if u fully read the posts all the work except the started was replaced because that was the misfire codes that came back. As far as the starter, I had 4 mechanics at shops tell me it was my starter, that is why I replaced the starter. So it was taken to mechanic shops, as well as me having 2 individuals that i know do mechanic work and has been doing it look it over and we are just now narrowing it down to possibly fuel issues or it jumped timing.
And now I cant get it started to take it in anywhere, so as a women that has limited education when it comes to a vehicle Im doing the best I can to try to figure out what is going on without having to fork out more wasted money and time;. i dont want to waste money or anyone time, just trying to get my vehicle running

·
Registered
222 Posts
It really doesn't have to be a dealer's service center. Any qualified tech with the proper equipment should be able to do the work. OBD-II diagnoses and repair measures are fairly consistent throughout the industry. Few trouble codes are proprietary to the vehicle's manufacturer. The only real advantage to visiting the dealer's shop is that those techs (supposedly) know where the parts on a vehicle are located and how to easily get to them.
I know, but it just is the safer option compared to "that guy I know" or my "sister's boyfriend's dad" or "Jimmy's chop shop" down the road.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
I know, but it just is the safer option compared to "that guy I know" or my "sister's boyfriend's dad" or "Jimmy's chop shop" down the road.
You forgot that grease monkey under the shade tree. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SpartyOn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You forgot that grease monkey under the shade tree. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

very rude, its guys like you that make women like me not trust a **** thing a man says. Im here honestly trying to just figure out what is wrong with my vehicle and all you got are jokes. If your not willing to help and or offer advice that may actualy help me get my vehicle running that keep ur mouth shut.

·
Registered
222 Posts
very rude, its guys like you that make women like me not trust a **** thing a man says. Im here honestly trying to just figure out what is wrong with my vehicle and all you got are jokes. If your not willing to help and or offer advice that may actualy help me get my vehicle running that keep ur mouth shut.
We are giving you advice: The mechanics that you have taken it to thus far have failed to properly diagnose the vehicle and return it to service after a large amount of time and money spent. Therefore, it would be prudent to find a more qualified mechanic and/or take it to a GMC dealership.

All anyone on the internet can do is speculate what the problem is — none of us can fix your vehicle — and our suggestions, though perhaps helpful, could ultimately lead to additional parts being thrown at the problem.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts