GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of an Acadia with Pinstripes? I have a Silver SLT-2 and thought some black stripes would give it a little flare.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a liquid silver SLT-1 that has thin twin black stripes running the length of the vehicle (just below the top of the doors). The dealer applied them at no charge before I picked up the Acadia. It think that this simple application is very tasteful. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera to download pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...........That's what I'm looking for. To bad you can't post a picture. I would love to see it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had a white car that I added the thicker black stripe on top and a thin red one on the bottom for a dash of color. That might look nice on the silver. With the red being the smaller stripe it doesn't stand out quite as much, and it looks better. Together they were 1/4" wide, and that's with the space in between them. For about $6 if you don't like it you can pulll them off. Just remember to leave a 1/4" or 1/2" between the end of the stripe and the edge of the fender or door, the eye will naturally connect them even with the gap there. If you feel the need to wrap the stripe around each corner of the fender or door then use some clear nail polish to help hold the ends in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To Xseler,
I was thinking of putting Three stripes on the sides as thin/Thick/Thin but your Idea seems good too, shame no pic.'s though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw a white Acadia with grey/black pinstriping the other day and it was sharp looking. I have had stripes added on a lot of my vehicles but honestly didn't feel the Acadia even needed it. I'm debating it now.

·
Registered
730 Posts
All it needs is a phone number printed to look like a taxi..sorry. :-\

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I personally don't like it, but that's just an opinion and we all know what opinions are like. :angel:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I like that!! It's subtle yet adds some character.

·
Registered
294 Posts
acadiacrazy said:
Here's what we have. We really like it! It's a dealer-installed job.
That's like mine --- except Liquid Silver paint and Black stripes. Again, I apologize about the lack of pictures.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's sort of a coincidence. When I was at the dealership to place my order, I saw one of their employees installing stripes on another vehicle (not an Acadia). I thought about having stripes installed on my new vehicle (a Quicksilver one) when it arrives. ;D
The pictures by Arcadiacrazy are nice. The stripes on the red Acadia look good and do add "class" to the vehicle. :thumb:

I was thinking about . . .dark grey or black on my Quicksilver Acadia (hopefully it will be subtle, but different). 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts