GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Service battery charging system showed up on my dashboard. A few miles later battery saver on come on the dashboard. A few minutes after that, I was making a turn and Traction Control Off showed up on my dash. I lost all control all power and control of the car, so I got it into a parking lot. The next day I tried to use a jump box to jump it. It didn't do anything. The lights and all would come on but it wouldn't do anything. I change the alternator had the battery take I took the battery out had it to two parts store. They tested it charged it back up and next day went put the alternator and then reinstall the battery. It's still all the dash and everything comes on and it will do everything, but it won't even attempt to crank. What could be the the issue?

(mod edit - added punctuation and caps to single-sentence post in attempt to clarify the problem)

·
Banned
614 Posts
  • Service battery charging system showed up on my dashboard a few miles later battery saver on come on the dashboard a few minutes after that I was making a turn and I lost a traction control off showed up on my dash and I lost all control all power and control of the car so I got it into a parking lot the next day I tried to use a jump box to jump it it didn't do anything the lights and all would come on but it wouldn't do anything I change the alternator had the battery take I took the battery out had it to two parts store they tested it charged it back up and next day went put the alternator and then reinstall the battery and it's still all the dash and everything comes on and it will do everything but it won't even attempt to crank what could be the the issue?
What year and specific Acadia? That info will help for further assist.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Moderator, thanks for trying to clarify.

How old is the battery? Why did you take it to two parts stores? Many modern vehicles are very hard to jump unless you have an especially powerful jump system.

·
Super Moderator
19,055 Posts
The 'no crank' condition could be caused by a faulty CRNK (or starter) relay. Those are in the fuse box. Swap the relay with one of the same type which works and see what happens. Check any fuses related to the vehicle's starting system, too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Was any work done to the vehicle before you started to have these issues? There have been some problems recently where the under hood fuse box was loose, especially after work was done under the hood. Remove the fuse box cover and make sure the two screws there are snug.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This sounds about exactly what happened to my acadia in July. What happened was one alternator diode shorted, shorting the battery to ground. Killed the engine and I had it towed home. Got some cool video of smoke pouring from the back of the alternator.

I'll skip the bits to isolate the alternator electrically to get the car to drive to my back yard but in short alternator blew the ECM1 fuse and it wouldn't crank, not even click. The check engine light was flashing fast, like a strobe. Got another fuse and was able to start and drive just on battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts