GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed on the enclave web page that it is quiter and better perfromance than RX350. I do expect the same with Acadia.
Is any one gone through such performace comparison between Acadia RX350. :help:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I doubt the Acadia is as quiet as the Lexus, but the Buick probably is. As far as performance goes, if you're just talking acceleration I don't know, but if performance includes handling, ride, towing, and interior space, I would think the Acadia would do very well. Just a guess on my part though. They are both fine cars but aimed at different market segments so probably shouldn't be compared directly.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The acadia and outlook have extra insulation in the doors and the thicker windshield like the enclave. how much more remains to be seen but i dont notice that much sound difference between the enclave and the outlook

·
Registered
161 Posts
From what I've read the quiet tuning Buick sells is also the special tires that Michelin is making for the Acadia and some extra insulation between the engine compartment and the passengers...floor and near the wheel wells.

When my 19 inch Goodyears wear out I'm buying the Michelins.

They also install triple door seals in the Enclave (probably the insulation you mentioned).

·
Registered
48 Posts
compnurd said:
The acadia and outlook have extra insulation in the doors and the thicker windshield like the enclave. how much more remains to be seen but i dont notice that much sound difference between the enclave and the outlook
Since when? The Enclave has a laminated windshield (the reason it does not have HUD), and laminated glass in the front row side windows. It has triple seals on the doors. Michelin tires designed for low noise. Different leather that is more sound absorbing. Don't think these are in the Outlook or Acadia.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know for a fact the Outlook has the Thicker Windshield,extra door insulation and insulation between the firewall and engine. I dont know about the front side windows. The Sales guy told me it had these items even before i mentioned i was interested in the enclave. 3 phone calls to Saturn support did confirm this but i could be wrong about the acadia. i assumed it matched the outlook

·
Registered
284 Posts
compnurd said:
I know for a fact the Outlook has the Thicker Windshield,extra door insulation and insulation between the firewall and engine. I dont know about the front side windows. The Sales guy told me it had these items even before i mentioned i was interested in the enclave. 3 phone calls to Saturn support did confirm this but i could be wrong about the acadia. i assumed it matched the outlook
No, actually, the Saturn has the same identical "sound deadening" package and glass, seals, etc. as the GMC. It's the Buick alone that gets specific extra insulation, door seals, laminated glass, custom engine mounts, and things like the Michelins on 19" wheel models.

Having driven all 3, including 2 weeks ago an Outlook XR back to back with an Enclave CX, I thought the Acadia/Outlook were extremely quiet...but the Enclave was just out of this world. Really even just shocking the difference, as the suspension isn't softer, and the tires (18" GY's are the same), but the special mounts, insulation, etc. just put it in an ethereal level, and it felt and sounded very different.

THAT SAID, as the Enclave is quieter than the RX350, I would be inclined to believe the Acadia/Outlook are essentially dead on with the Lexus in terms of interior noise. All are "silent", but the Buick takes it to another level.

·
Registered
110 Posts
caddycruiser said:
compnurd said:
No, actually, the Saturn has the same identical "sound deadening" package and glass, seals, etc. as the GMC. It's the Buick alone that gets specific extra insulation, door seals, laminated glass, custom engine mounts, and things like the Michelins on 19" wheel models.

Having driven all 3, including 2 weeks ago an Outlook XR back to back with an Enclave CX, I thought the Acadia/Outlook were extremely quiet...but the Enclave was just out of this world. Really even just shocking the difference, as the suspension isn't softer, and the tires (18" GY's are the same), but the special mounts, insulation, etc. just put it in an ethereal level, and it felt and sounded very different.

THAT SAID, as the Enclave is quieter than the RX350, I would be inclined to believe the Acadia/Outlook are essentially dead on with the Lexus in terms of interior noise. All are "silent", but the Buick takes it to another level.
:ditto: I agree.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well Just for the hell of it i called Safelight for a quote to replace my outlook windshield.

649 dollars. I asked why so much, she said it is a different type of windshield and has some lamination between two pieces of glass, and would have to be special ordered.

While i dont deny the buick may have thicker driver and passenger glass which would make a difference, the outlook does have the thicker windshield.

This could be why only the acadia has the HUD. While i dont trust most salesmen, i wil trust saturn corporate who stated the thicker windshield,door and firewall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts