GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the running boards for acadia are the same as those for the outlook? I'm looking to get a set for my outlook and have noticed that the acadia ones are less expensive (based on the two websites I found that are selling them). I'd also welcome any references to aftermarket steps.

tyson

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Acadia and Outlook share the same GM part number for the running boards...12499965. I have them on my Acadia and although they may be a little expensive I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a picture of your running boards installed? The single picture provided at the parts department of my selling dealer is way too dark. Also, do they feel sturdy? I will be using them for the grand parents.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No pictures but they are plenty sturdy. I have mine so my mother can get in. They are flat and have the rubber the full length of the running board. Not like some of the cheap tube steps that are rounded and if you step on the part with no rubber your foot can slip between the vehicle and the running board. Completely satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
752 Posts
check out these pics.

sandman said:
here's one with running boards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are those steps really chromed steel are chromed alum? I'm wondering because here in upstate NY, chromed steel steps won't last a week before they start to rust!

tyson

·
Registered
752 Posts
Boy, not a clue :confused: The car has been washed a few times over the last 3 months and they still shine up real purty like if that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are stainless steel - per the GM Accessories for the Acadia page off of the GM Acadia main page.

·
Registered
148 Posts
man those are ugly. Do they fold in all automatic like the Denali? Maybe if they hid themselves they would be nice.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I really wanted to like them, but they are not for me...

Adam

·
Registered
212 Posts
To each his own. I like em. When viewed directly from the side, the silver shine matches the silver trim around the front and rear bumbers. If it were more integrated I think it would take away from the Acadia's macho look when compared to the curvacious look of the Enclave.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I agree with Rufio :thumb: However its almost a moot point. I needed them for some of the older people using the car, so didn't have much choice. The looks don't bother me at all. (but maybe I am used to it by now)

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Purchased mine sight unseen from the dealer and am completely satisfied. Gotten several compliments on them as well!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
TMMAR said:
Purchased mine sight unseen from the dealer and am completely satisfied. Gotten several compliments on them as well!!
Did you install your self or have the dealer install. If you did it, how easy was it to do?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Might have missed this...can you put Enclave running boards on an Acadia?

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I had the dealer install them this way they were on the bill of sale. He charged me $650. Dealer originally wanted $700 so I asked a body shop I deal with (thinking that maybe he would chage me less on the labor) and he said that would be what he would charge since they only get a 10% discount on GM parts. I went back to the dealer and he matched the body shop price.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe I just missed it, but I haven't seen the dimensions on these assist steps? Could someone
tell me how wide these assist steps are? They look fairly wide, but actual mesurements would be nice ;D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks. Width of the step was the only info I couldn't seem to find.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts