GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn between ordering an Acadia or an Enclave. For those that have driven both, do you think there is any measurable difference of the interior space between the two? I know that technically they're supposed to be the same but in reality is there a difference?

Thanks for any help -- I'm really having a tough time deciding!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have not driven the Enclave but you should easily be able to compare space by comparing dimensions from both websites. They should be almost identical. The Acadia does have a wider rear door than the Enclave and bonus....the Acadia doesnt look like a bug.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been in both, and I can't tell any difference in space.
If anything I think the Acadia "feels" bigger... but I'm sure there is no difference.

I love the front end of the Enclave.... but, I can't get past the rest of it. I think Keith said it best, it "looks like a bug."
Nice machine though.
Another point that I've been pondering; I know that Buick is trying to "revive" it's name plate, drive younger buyers in. And while they certainly have a much better line up of vehicle than they've had in the past, I think that re-sale value could be a problem.

Good luck in your decission (buy the Acadia, buy the Acadia ;D)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I drove both and really considered the Enclave. IMO, regardless of the actual numbers, the Enclave felt much bigger to me when I was driving it......but not in a good way. It felt too big. It felt like I was driving one of my Grandma's old Cadillacs or Lincolns. Personally, I liked the sportiness of the Acadia much better.

Good luck. You will be getting a fantastic vehicle either way!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Determining (quantitatively) size differences should be pretty straightforward. You can find all sorts of exterior (length, width) and interior (legroom, headroom, hiproom, etc.) info on the web. I assume we've all heard about the "luxury" (especially sound proofing) advantages the Enclave has over the Acadia or Outlook.

The styling differences are what tip the scales for me - with a stronger preference for the Acadia over the Enclave. I currently have a Buick Rendezvous and, while on the inside the car has been FANTASTIC, I've struggled with the exterior styling. The Enclave hasn't lost enough of the "Hmmmmmmm..............that's 'interesting'." reaction, in my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Acadia has a larger rear window which makes for greater visability. Especially with a DVD player. The Acadia interior feels bigger to me, but it probably isn't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My dealership told me that the Buick is a little bit heavier & has a quieter ride. I don't know if that is true. I am GMC Fan & like the front end look. I am struggling with placing a chrome bug deflector on the hood. If it was a Outlook, it would already be on the car.

pat

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Here is some info from Edmunds.com. It seems there are some slight differences, but they are so slight that I would think it best to buy the one you feel best in. :)

Acadia Enclave
Length 200.7 in. 201.8 in.
Width 78.2 in. 79 in.
Cargo Capacity 117 cu. ft. 116 cu. ft.
Payload Cap 1676 lbs. 1631 lbs.
Front Headroom 40.4 in. 40.4 in.
Rear Headroom 39.3 in. 39 in.
Front Shoulder Room 61.9 in. 62 in.
Rear Shoulder Room 61.1 in. 61.4 in.
Front Hip Room 57.8 in. 57.4 in.
Rear Hip Room 57.9 in. 57 in.
Front Leg Room 41.3 in. 41.3 in.
Rear Leg Room 36.9 in. 36.9 in.
Luggage Capacity 19.7 cu.ft. 18.9 cu.ft.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Interesting stats. I'm surprised that the Encl. is actually 1.1 inches longer. I've driven both & liked the feel of each. However, being more of a traditional suv lover, I'm not thrilled with the styling of the Encl. I wish they'd left the rear window alone (curves reduce rearward visibility), plus they put the motor for the rear washer on the inside (clean exterior), which apparently put the motor in the rounded space that steal perhaps a valuable portion of the rear window view. I would imagine that the 1.1 extra inches of length would be fairly insignificant to most drivers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I originally leaned towards the Enclave after reading various sources of information about each crossover. Then I visited several dealerships to see firsthand which model I would like the best. The Enclave appealed to me because of the OEM chrome wheels, but more importantly, the extra sound deafening insulation package. Driving it left me less desirous as the rear tailgate window was too obstructed. I still like the regular SUV image of the Acadia and that is the one I bought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Old Timer said:
My dealership told me that the Buick is a little bit heavier & has a quieter ride.

One of the salesman who had been to the seminars on the various models stated to us that the weight difference is 50 lbs. due to the sound insulation package and thicker windows. Also, they had a demo kit which depicted these various things ... it was a pretty significant difference in sound.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know the measurements are almost the same but when I test drove the Enclave I made me feel claustrophobic. I went with the Acadia. That was the main reason along with the HUD.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do like the styling of the Enclave, but still can't get over the "image" that Buick has as an older persons car. I couldn't see my wife carting the kids around in it vs. the Acadia. I wasn't concerned about the quiet tuning of the Enclave either as I find the Acadia to be one of the quietest vehicles I have ever driven. That and the heads up display is awesome and a great safety feature.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In terms of "image", are you a follower or a leader? Images change over time. Buick once had the image of being the vehicle of choice for up scale purchasers - not for old folks. Toyota once had the image of being a cheap vehicle - price and quality. I think the Enclave will be the start of an image change for Buick. I say if you like the vehicle - (quality, style, functionality etc) - buy it and don't worry about what the neighbors think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts