GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 Buick Rendezvous (loaded). I am trying to make a comparision of the two. The HUD and NAV on the Acadia are superior to the Rendezvous, but I am most concerned with the leg room and comfort in the 2nd (and 3rd) rows.

The leg room apprears the same, I can tell without a extended drive (1+ hours) on the comfort.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There is plenty of leg room in the Acadia, I cannot say as compared to the Rendevous, but I am confident that you and your passengers will be satisfied. As to the rest of the vehicle, I would venture to say the Acadia blows the Rendevous away in ride, handling, looks. A frind of mine, his father has a Rendevous and I do not really like the look of that vehicle (IMO).

I have driven 6 adults to a meeting in the Acadia (only about 40 minute each way) and no one complained, and it seemed like they were all comfortable.

·
Registered
251 Posts
mariner81 said:
I am most concerned with the leg room and comfort in the 2nd (and 3rd) rows.
While I cannot claim any specific expertise where the Buick is concerned for comparison purposes, I think where you may find the greatest difference is in the usability of the 3rd row in the Acadia. I have the 2nd row bench seats, and while I consider "8 passenger" a slight exaggeration (unless we are talking about 8 petite people), we have had 6 adults ride comfortably on several occassions in a 2-2-2 configuration.

This includes times where my wife was behind the wheel. She is 5' 11". My brother-in-law is 6'4" and sat in row 2. He made a point to mention how roomy it was. I sat in row 3 and did not feel squeezed (6'0" 250 lbs.)

Conversely, I think the 3rd row in most other vehicles appear usable only for children. At least from a realistic standpoint anyway. With many other models I've seen, you would need a lot of grease and a large shoe horn to get me in back there!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
johnway said:
As to the rest of the vehicle, I would venture to say the Acadia blows the Rendevous away in ride, handling, looks.
Amen to that! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Don't know about the Buick, but there is more room in the 3rd row of the Acadia than in the Tahoe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No comparison really. My wife has a loaner Rendezvous for the next 3 days while a small scratch is being repaired on the passenger side rear view mirror of her new Acadia. The Rendezvous has more comfortable front seats, but other than that, it seems inferior in every way. The 3rd row seats in the Buick are cramped, suitable for kids only. My kids hate it after enjoying the easy access and excellent room in the 3rd row of the Acadia. There's no storage space to speak of either behind the 3rd row seats of the Rendezvous. Rear visibility is not good in the Rendezvous. That is no strength of the Acadia, but is worse in the Rendezvous. The Buick does have some great storage compartments up front though. Oh, the interior fit and finish in the Buick is not on par with the Acadia (but I do wish the Acadia had a softer dashboard rather than the hard plastic version).

The Rendezvous is a pretty decent vehicle (and so much better than the butt ugly Aztec), but it isn't in the class of the lamba platform based vehicles from GM. That's why the Rendezvous is being phased out. The Enclave/Acadia/Outlook is far superior, but IMO, a bit overpriced.

·
Registered
123 Posts
its a waste of time to compare the acadia to the rendezvous especially since the 2 have nothing to do w/each other. not to mention the rendezvous will be obsolete after this year. when doing a comparison use the enclave it is the one w/the same platform build.

·
Registered
405 Posts
TMMAR said:
Don't know about the Buick, but there is more room in the 3rd row of the Acadia than in the Tahoe.
i think that might be IMO but i find the tahoe more roomer than the acadia in the third row

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
TMMAR said:
i think that might be IMO but i find the tahoe more roomer than the acadia in the third row
3rd row - 2007 vehicles
Leg room: Acadia 33.2", Tahoe 25.6"
Shoulder room: Acadia 57.8", Tahoe 61.7"
Hip room: Acadia 48.3", Tahoe 49.1"

The Tahoe offers a little more shoulder room, but it's a joke from a leg room standpoint. Most people would be more concerned with leg room than shoulder room, and there the Acadia wins hands down.

·
Registered
251 Posts
MsS42 said:
its a waste of time to compare the acadia to the rendezvous especially since the 2 have nothing to do w/each other. not to mention the rendezvous will be obsolete after this year. when doing a comparison use the enclave it is the one w/the same platform build.
He presently owns a Rendezvous. That's why the particular comparison.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We are an Acadia (MINE-YEAH!) and Rendezvous family (Wife's).

My wife is in the market to replace her Rendezvous, so we've been looking. Here's my 2 cents worth:

1. Rendezvous - smaller, feels lighter, easier to drive (so my wife says).
2. Rendezvous - better mileage on city/urban driving
3. 3rd seat - Acadia blows away the Rendezvous for legroom (and the Yukon/Tahoe in my opinion).
4. For longer trips - Acadia all the way.

This is my wife's 2nd Rendezvous, and she's probably going to get a third one. It's a decent vehicle, not the most stylish, but it works for her. Why argue with that?

This may invalidate my opinion - LOL - but I also own an Aztek! :cheers:

·
Registered
123 Posts
tell your wife to trade that sucka in for a BUICK ENCLAVEEEEEEEEEEEEE :clap2:

·
Registered
405 Posts
loach said:
Rollin' Thunder said:
TMMAR said:
3rd row - 2007 vehicles
Leg room: Acadia 33.2", Tahoe 25.6"
Shoulder room: Acadia 57.8", Tahoe 61.7"
Hip room: Acadia 48.3", Tahoe 49.1"

The Tahoe offers a little more shoulder room, but it's a joke from a leg room standpoint. Most people would be more concerned with leg room than shoulder room, and there the Acadia wins hands down.

now i have a yukon xl so that may not be apples to apples comparison for the leg room, to tell you the truth i have personally never ridden in a tahoe but i bet the suburban and yukon xl have more third row leg room because my yukon xl defenatly has more cargo room behind the third row and has leg room, but the acadia sure does come close to comfort in the third row probably better than the tahoe.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
now i have a yukon xl so that may not be apples to apples comparison for the leg room, to tell you the truth i have personally never ridden in a tahoe but i bet the suburban and yukon xl have more third row leg room because my yukon xl defenatly has more cargo room behind the third row and has leg room, but the acadia sure does come close to comfort in the third row probably better than the tahoe.
I don't know for sure but I would hope a Suburban would have more leg room than Acadia given that it's 21 inches longer!

·
Registered
41 Posts
MsS42 said:
tell your wife to trade that sucka in for a BUICK ENCLAVEEEEEEEEEEEEE :clap2:
I tried, but why would I want her to have this much fun? :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts