GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for anyone trying to order the trailer wiring harness. It is on National Backorder. After reading the posts in this section and studying the part numbers, I ordered a trailer package for a 2008 Acadia. Everyone said GM Direct was a good resource. It's not their fault that GM won't ship, but it doesn't help anyone wanting to tow something with their Acadia.

I have asked GM Direct to see if there is a date when GM will be able to ship. Looks like a lot of folks ordered their Acadia's without a hitch and now want one.

CableDude

Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 1:27:47 PM
Subject: RE: Trailer hitch update 1969

We apologize for the delay of your order. According to information from GM there are two parts on your order that have been placed on national backorder. The Harness (PN 25845097) and the Bolt (PN 11515776) are not available from GM at this time and have been removed from your order. We will be shipping your order to you promptly now that these parts have been removed. We apologize for any inconvenience and if you wish to reorder these parts at a later date please e-mail our customer service team to check the availability of the backordered parts.

PLATFORM
$116.70

RECEP/TOW
$32.29

HARNESS
$32.22

INSERT
$17.22

BOLT-METR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if the trailer wiring harness is still on National backorder? I haven't been able to find one at local dealers, and they don't seem to have any information about release dates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to get the harness from http://gmpartsdirect.com/ late December. Dealer installed the new V92 fuse panel that works with the harness. Fuse block was installed under warrenty, so my hitch is good to go. This part should be available.

CableDude

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just to be certain before I order...is the harness # mentioned above for the 7-wire hook up, or just the standard 4? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's my understanding there is only one harness. It works with 4 or 7 wire hook ups. Don't forget to order the round plug that terminates the harness. If you tralier has the flat 4 wire plug, you can buy the 7 wire to 4 wire adapter at Walmart, Pep Boys and other places.

CableDude

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks Cabledude. I have an '07 w/o tow package and for sure it has some sort of harness under there, but could swear last time I looked it only had 4 wires in. But if you trace it back to the right side rear tire area it plugs into another receptacle that has at least 7 wires. I have a 5-wire flat with back-up circuit on my trailer that I'll need to configure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The parts department at my local dealer says the 25845097 harness has been replaced by part number 25910884.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey CableGuy, I'm trying to add a wiring harness for a trailer to my 2008 Acadia that doesn't have the optional trailer package factory installed. I've looked everywhere for aftermarket harnesses but can't find one. From your post, it looks like GM doesn't have an answer either. Could you please update me on your progress.
???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was able to get the wire harness after it came off national backorder back in Decemeber. Already had the hitch installed and my dealer installed the harness under warrenty. He must have flashed the computer module too as now when I have the round hitch plug occupied with the trailer connector, the dash explains that back up warning lights have been disabled. I have towed a small 6' X 10' utility trailer a number of times and my 2008 Acadia handles it very well. Hardley know you have a trailer on!

I would call GM Parts direct and ask them to ship the harness. It should be back in stock. Call and confirm that there is a new part number that replaced the old one. This makes more sense than online ordering if there are part number concerns.

CableDude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts