GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally purchased an Acadia last week. It is a 2007 SLT-1, red jewel, black leather interior, 2nd row captain's, CD, DVD rear seat entertainment, bose 5.1, xm, and convenience package. Am so excited .....I have spent the last couple nights sitting in truck in garage late at night trying to figure out all the toys and dvd system. It's tempting to try and figure things out while driving...not very safe! I just wanted to say thank you to this forum....before I sealed the deal, I had found this site by chance and started seeing this rebate package called conquest. My dealer never even uttered those words. I wrote it down after having seen it on this site, and asked the dealer about this, they checked and sure enough.....there was my extra $1,000 waiting on me to apply. Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!

I check this site every night for any new issues and love all of the great info that is covered. Just recently put my car seat in and used someone's advice about "jimmying" the tether strap underneath the headrest and then securing behind the seat. Seems to have done the trick. As I experiment with all the gadgets, I will probably be contributing some questions to the board, need to figure everything out.....have a big trip to myrtle beach planned for end of June, six passsengers will be in truck.

One question, has anyone had experience with a rooftop luggage carrier. Just recenlty purchased a soft shell luggage carrier from www.roofbag.com for $100 - 15 cubic feet. Anything I need to know on this? Thanks in advance for any feedback..........

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have the luggage carrier but just wanted to say congratulations! I just got mine 4 days ago and still don't have all of the buttons memorized. It's odd your dealership didn't know about the Conquest. Let us know how your trip goes!

·
Registered
524 Posts
This is what I did for roof top luggage.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1169.0

I liked the idea of using the Yakima basket in conjunction with the bag. I felt like I didn't want to put a hundred pounds of stuff on the roof of the Acadia directly. Also there is the sunroof to consider.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I agree; personally I would be nervous about putting a luggage carrier directly on the sunroof.

I use a Thule roof box. It works fine.

Kelly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome....My folk's Acadia is in Red Jewel.....good looking color....I did what you did, sit in the garage for a few nights playing with all the controls, the mrs was wondering where I was at. It's fun..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts