GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not my Acadia, I just saw it and took some pictures. The items at the bottom of the picture of the front are part of a baseplate that is used to tow the CADIA (pronounced with a long A) behind a motorhome.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
What the.... no way... is this photo shopped?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only shopping I did to the picture was to cover the license number and a couple of other identifing labels. I talked to the owner. He purchased the unit from a dealer in Mesa, AZ. The owner stated the dealer modifies all his vehicles to make them different. By the way, in place of GMC on the tail gate, it now says "Limited Edition". It is too small to read in the picture.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I wonder how much additional he paid for these modifications. Not really my cup of tea, to make a vehicle what it is not - it is unique though. This dealer even added a thick tint strip along the top edge of the windshield - that is not bad, especially for Arizona, you need all the tinting you can get.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I actually like the grill, aside from the stupid Caddy emblem...

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
That is wrong on so many levels.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to add a couple of things.  You can't really tell it in the picture, but, the grill is flush with the chrome trim around it.  The owner added the Cadillac emblem.  The grill comes in a generic version.  The grill snaps on the existing grill and it came from www.wooddashexperts.com

I don't know why he did it, I just took the pictures.  Why do any of us do what we do to our vehicles?  Because we like the addition......I guess.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't understand why you would put a caddy emblem on a GMC. Just strange. Buy a caddy if you want a caddy.

·
Registered
683 Posts
:lame:

·
Registered
405 Posts
i think its kinda cool. It different and out of the ordenary and love the BLING BLING OF THE EMBLEM.

·
Registered
218 Posts
:lame:

·
Registered
123 Posts
dude is tripping.... why not just buy and srx.... a gmc by any other name is still a gmc... thats a HAM you wonder what that means....

HAM = :hot: :bootyshake: mess.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Unbelievable.

You can tell in both shots that it's missing a letter...and the emblem on the rear looks out of place. I actually like the front end though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Dad refers to these people as "10-cent millionaires". What a waste of a perfectly excellent vehicle. I'm sure he/she doesn't even realize that people are laughing at their poor attempt at "classing up" this vehicle, which needs no apologies.

We were trying to get a very well off friend to consider the Acadia over a BMW or Lexus SUV/CUV. Couldn't do it because it doesn't have the proper panache of an overpriced nameplate.

I've put over 3,000 miles on my Acadia in a month - too much fun!

·
Registered
123 Posts
morpheus said:
My Dad refers to these people as "10-cent millionaires". What a waste of a perfectly excellent vehicle. I'm sure he/she doesn't even realize that people are laughing at their poor attempt at "classing up" this vehicle, which needs no apologies.

We were trying to get a very well off friend to consider the acadia over a BMW or Lexus SUV/CUV. Couldn't do it because it doesn't have the proper panache of an overpriced nameplate.

I've put over 3,000 miles on my Acadia in a month - too much fun!
:ditto:

im an enclave buyer but i enjoy reading all the posts on the acadia site as the issues of all the lambdas are pretty much the same. i tried to get my sister to purchase the enclave/acadia/outlook and she said she wanted a car w/a good resale value. she called me to tell me that she bought a mercedes r320 instead for 50g's. i had to laugh cause i told her she mayest well had purchased the chrysler pacifica cause that is all she had under the mercedes name. i tried to tell her unless you are purchasing the middle to the higher end of the r-class mercedes you have nothing. i cant get over people who are so name driven in thinking they are getting something better. unreal

·
Registered
114 Posts
Don't have the photo of the car, but a few weeks ago I saw an Acadia where the owner had added the following to the exterior: After the name Acadia emblem badge on the side door, was added: CLASS STARSHIP. Then above that was the words, U.S.S. ORION. I guess the owner was a Star Trek fan. It kinda looked cool. After seeing this post, I wish now I had taken a photo of it. Maybe we can all start a new trend. We should all start naming our Acadias. They do that with boats. And they put nose art on airplanes. Why not cars? Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts