GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HTML:

[img]http://www.gmc.com/images/specs/2007_acadia_acadia_overview.jpg[/img]
<table border='0' cellpadding='1' cellspacing='0' width='550' style='font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial; border: 1px #999999 solid''>
<tr><td colspan='2' align='center'><b style='font-size: 14px;'>2007 GMC Acadia Specs[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#cccccc'><td colspan='2'> [b]Exterior[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td width='50%'>[b]Length:[/b] 200.7 in.</td><td width='50%'>[b]Width:[/b] 78.2 in.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Height:[/b] 72.8 in.</td><td>[b]Wheel Base:[/b] 118.9 in.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>[b]Curb Weight (FWD):[/b] 4722 lbs.</td><td>[b]Curb Weight (AWD):[/b] 4936lbs.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Ground Clearance:[/b] 7.4 in.</td><td>[b]Gross Weight:[/b] 6398 lbs.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#cccccc'><td colspan='2'> [b]Interior[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>F[b]ront Head Room:[/b] 40.4 in.</td><td>[b]Front Hip Room:[/b] 57.8 in.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Front Shoulder Room:[/b] 61.9 in.</td><td>[b]Rear Head Room:[/b] 39.3 in.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>[b]Rear Shoulder Room:[/b] 61.1 in.</td><td>[b]Rear Hip Room:[/b] 57.9 in.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Front Leg Room:[/b] 41.3 in.</td><td>[b]Rear Leg Room:[/b] 36.9 in.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>[b]Luggage Capacity:[/b] 19.7 / 68.9 cu. ft.</td><td>[b]Max Cargo Capacity:[/b] 116.9 cu. ft.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Maximum Seating:[/b] 8</td><td> (7 with Captains Chairs)</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#cccccc'><td colspan='2'> [b]Performance Data[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>[b]Engine Type:[/b] V6 VVT MPFI</td><td>[b]Base Engine Size:[/b] 3.6 liters</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Horsepower:[/b] 275 hp (6600rpm)</td><td>[b]Torque:[/b] 251 ft-lbs. (3200 rpm)</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>[b]Maximum Payload:[/b] 1462 lbs.</td><td>[b]Max Towing Capacity:[/b] 4500* lbs.</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]Turning Diameter:[/b] 40.4 ft.</td><td></td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#cccccc'><td colspan='2'> [b]Fuel Information[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td colspan='2'>[b]Fuel Tank Capacity:[/b] 22 gal</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td colspan='2'>[b]EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#eeeeee'><td>[b]FWD:[/b] 18/26</td><td>[b]AWD:[/b] 17/24</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td colspan='2'>[b]Range in Miles: (City/Highway)[/b]</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor='#ffffff'><td>[b]FWD:[/b] 396/572</td><td>[b]AWD:[/b] 374/528</td></tr>
</table>

<table style='font-family: arial; font-size: 11px' border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width='99%'>
<tr bgcolor='#dddddd'>
<th>SLE-1</th><th>SLT-1</th><th>SLT-2</th></tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style='padding: 5px' width='33%'>
[b]Starting at MSRP: $29,495[/b]
	[*]AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatibility and CD Player
	[*]OnStar† with one year Direction & Connections Service Plan
	[*]Deluxe cloth seating
	[*]Remote Keyless Entry
	[*]Tire Pressure Monitoring System§
	[*]Rear manual liftgate
	[*]StabiliTrak stability control system
	[*]Double-dual exhaust with chrome tips
	[*]18-inch aluminum wheels
	[*]Power Windows with Driver Express Down
</td>
[b]Starting at MSRP: $33,465[/b]
	[*]Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, SLE-1 features: 
	[*]AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatibility and in-dash 6-disc CD player 
	[*]Bose® premium 10-speaker system with subwoofer 
	[*]Driver information center 
	[*]Tri-zone automatic climate control 
	[*]Inside review mirror with auto-dimming and 8-point compass display 
	[*]Heated, leather-appointed driver and front passenger seats 
	[*]Universal home remote 
	[*]18-inch machined aluminum wheels 
	[*]Driver/Passenger Power Seats
	[*]Rear Seat Audio Controls
</td>
[b]Starting at MSRP: $35,610[/b]
	[*]Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, SLE-1 features: 
	[*]XM Satellite Radio 
	[*]Convenience Package, includes Remote start, keyless entry and Ultrasonic rear park assist
	[*]Cargo package, includes cargo shade and cargo net
	[*]Power outlet, 3-prong household-style, 115-volt
	[*]Power Rear Liftgate
	[*]Washer nozzles, heated windshield 
	[*]Driver express up and down power windows and passenger express down
</td></tr></table>

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was tired of looking all over the web for this info, so I'm putting it here and will add to it as needed.

BTW, here are some key comparison numbers from competitors, with thanks to mama2girls:

3rd Row Legroom Behind 3rd row cargo behind 2nd row cargo Overall height Overall length MPG (c/h)
Acadia 33.20 in 19.70 cu ft 68.90 cu ft 69.90 in 200.70 in 16/24
Expedition 37.70 in 18.60 cu ft 55.00 cu ft 77.20 in 206.50 in 14/19
Sequoia 29.80 in 26.60 cu ft 65.30 cu ft 73.00 in 203.90 in 13/17
Yukon 25.60 in 16.90 cu ft 60.30 cu ft 76.90 in 202.00 in 16/22
Armada 32.20 in 20.00 cu ft 56.70 cu ft 78.00 in 207.70 in 12/18
MDX 29.10 in 15.00 cu ft 43 cu ft 68.20 in 190.70 in 15/20

Odyssey 41.10 in 38.40 cu ft 91.10 cu ft 68.80 in 201.00 in 16/23

·
Registered
360 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Odd that the Std features of the SLT2 don't include mention of the memory seats & mirrors, and the power fold in mirrors.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Speaking of specifications... one of the deciding factors for us was space in the 3rd row. I would caution on comparing specs as it looks like each make has their own way of measuring. Specs can be deceiving. Nothing beats comparing in person...

I have a Honda Pilot (we're keeping it and getting rid of my Jeep, so I'll actually have 2 three row suvs). If anyone's been in the 3rd row of a Honda Pilot, you'll know it was made for midgets, not to mention how hard it is to get into the 3rd row.

Anyways I fit comfortably in the 3rd row of the Acadia. Yet when you go to Honda's and GMC's website to compare 3rd row specs, on paper it looks like the Honda is bigger.

You don't have 3rd row specs in your post so I grabbed it off the web:

3rd row head room: Pilot=38.6, Acadia=38.4
3rd row leg room: Pilot=30.2, Acadia=33.2
3rd row shoulder room: Pilot=59.7, Acadia=57.8
3rd row hip room: Pilot=49.0, Acadia=48.30

so on paper Honda for some reason looks a bit bigger at the shoulder and hips. But in person, for some reason adults (I'm 5'7") fit so much more comfortably in the 3rd row of the Acadia.

When I get my Acadia (damn 6-8 weeks seems so far away), I'll sit in the rear of both and take pics.

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mitchl said:
Odd that the Std features of the SLT2 don't include mention of the memory seats & mirrors, and the power fold in mirrors.
Hmm, you're right. I took that right from the GMC website. I'll get that added...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rufio said:
Speaking of specifications... one of the deciding factors for us was space in the 3rd row. I would caution on comparing specs as it looks like each make has their own way of measuring. Specs can be deceiving. Nothing beats comparing in person...

I have a Honda Pilot (we're keeping it and getting rid of my Jeep, so I'll actually have 2 three row suvs). If anyone's been in the 3rd row of a Honda Pilot, you'll know it was made for midgets, not to mention how hard it is to get into the 3rd row.

Anyways I fit comfortably in the 3rd row of the Acadia. Yet when you go to Honda's and GMC's website to compare 3rd row specs, on paper it looks like the Honda is bigger.

You don't have 3rd row specs in your post so I grabbed it off the web:

3rd row head room: Pilot=38.6, Acadia=38.4
3rd row leg room: Pilot=30.2, Acadia=33.2
3rd row shoulder room: Pilot=59.7, Acadia=57.8
3rd row hip room: Pilot=49.0, Acadia=48.30

so on paper Honda for some reason looks a bit bigger at the shoulder and hips. But in person, for some reason adults (I'm 5'7") fit so much more comfortably in the 3rd row of the Acadia.

When I get my Acadia (damn 6-8 weeks seems so far away), I'll sit in the rear of both and take pics.

-- Paul
Acadia is 1 foot longer than Pilot, then where is the space going?

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, 3 inches go to the 3rd row leg room. I'd guess at least another 4-6 inches behind the 3rd row for storage. And even a subtle front or rear bumper change could account for the other 3-5 inches...?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can somebody be so kind to measure the width of the car with one door open. I would like to get an estimate on how much garage space is needed to get into the vehicle if both cars are in the garage. I guess it would be easier to just measure the door/opening from the fully opened position and add the width of the vehicle. Does anybody know if they measure vehicles at the widest point? mirror-to-mirror?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
budi - if this hasn't been done by tonight, I'll make those measurements for you and post the results.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Budi - from the widest part of the rear fender (not the side mirrors), the doors take up an additional 32 inches fully open. So add that to the width of the acadia (78.2) for a total of about 110 inches.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does anyone know the specs on rooftop load capacity?

I'll be getting the AWD and I think I'm correct that my overall load capacity for people plus cargo will be 1,462 lbs (6,398 weight rating less 4,936 curb weight). I have four kayaks that I load on my Pilot from time to time and am wondering if there's a weight rating listed somewhere for the Acadia's roof.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Acustk5 said:
Does anyone know the specs on rooftop load capacity?

Found it. Page 163 of the PDF manual. 200 lbs maximum roof top load, it seems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Could someone please:
Next time you go in your trunk could you measure L & W for me (w/ 3rd rear seat up) I would appreciate it! The salesman may give my car to someone else if I ask for another thing.....

ALSO ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR GMC, Please suggest a cargo shelf! Got one in my van and I will miss that!
Thanks, Lee

·
Registered
748 Posts
lee said:
Could someone please:
Next time you go in your trunk could you measure L & W for me (w/ 3rd rear seat up) I would appreciate it! The salesman may give my car to someone else if I ask for another thing.....

ALSO ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR GMC, Please suggest a cargo shelf! Got one in my van and I will miss that!
Thanks, Lee
Lee,

Its about the size of a Graco Double Stroller laying on its side - not much more room than that. ;D I do not have the specs but that is about all I can fit behind the 3rd row seat with maybe a grocery bag or two - you have to remember that the 3rd row seats are angled so the higher up off the floor you go the less room you have.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assumed someone would beat me to it, but since nobody has replied yet, I'll measure this evening and give you the numbers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Came across these engine specs and applications if anyone is interested:

2007 GM 3.6L V6 VVT ( LY7 ) 40207
Type: 3.6L V6

Displacement: 3564cc ( 217 ci )
Compression ratio: 10.2:1
Valve configuration: dual overhead camshafts
valves per cylinder: 4
Assembly site: St Catharines, Ont., Melbourne, Australia, and Flint South
Valve lifters: roller follower with hydraulic lash adjusters
Firing order: 1-2-3-4-5-6
Bore x stroke: 94 x 85.6 mm
Fuel system: SFI
Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded

Applications: Horsepower: hp ( kw )
Cadillac SRX 255 hp ( 190 kw ) @ 6500 rpm
Cadillac CTS 255 hp ( 190 kw ) @ 6200 rpm
Cadillac STS 255 hp ( 190 kw ) @ 6500 rpm
Buick LaCrosse 240 hp ( 179 kw ) @ 6000 rpm
Saturn LS Aura 252 hp ( 188 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Pontiac G6 252 hp ( 188 kW ) @ 6300 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with dual exhaust ) 275 hp ( 205 kW ) @ 6600 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with single exhaust ) 270 hp ( 201kW ) @ 6600 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
GMC Acadia ( with dual exhaust ) 275 hp ( 205 kW ) @ 6600 rpm SAE CERTIFIED

Applications: Torque: lb-ft. ( Nm )
Cadillac SRX 254 lb-ft ( 344 Nm ) @ 2800 rpm
Cadillac CTS 252 lb-ft ( 342 Nm ) @ 3100 rpm
Cadillac STS 252 lb-ft ( 342 Nm ) @ 3200 rpm
Buick LaCrosse 225 lb-ft ( 305 Nm ) @ 2000 rpm
Saturn LS Aura 251 lb-ft ( 340 Nm ) @ 3200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Pontiac G6 251 lb-ft ( 340 Nm ) @ 3200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with dual exhaust ) 251 lb-ft ( 340 Nm ) @ 3200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
Saturn Outlook ( with single exhaust ) 248 lb-ft ( 336 Nm ) @ 3200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED
GMC Acadia ( with dual exhaust ) 251 lb-ft ( 340 Nm ) @ 3200 rpm SAE CERTIFIED

Fuel shut off: 7000 rpm for CTS, SRX, STS
6900 rpm for LaCrosse
7000 rpm for Outlook, Acadia
6900 rpm for Aura, G6

Emissions controls: evaporative system
dual catalytic converters
underfloor catalytic converters for some applications
positive crankcase ventilation

MATERIALS
Block: sand cast aluminum (319) with cast in iron bore liners
Cylinder head: cast aluminum ( 319 semi permanent mold )
Intake manifold: aluminum ( 319 Upper, and Lower )
Exhaust manifold: high-silicon moly cast iron
Main bearing caps: sintered steel ( CU infiltrated )
Crankshaft: forged steel ( 1038 V )
Camshaft: cast nodular iron
Connecting rods: sinter forged steel

Additional features:
four-cam continuously variable cam phasing
internal exhaust gas recirculation ( EGR )
pressure-actuated piston cooling jets
torque-based engine management system
secondary throat cut inlet ports
fuel rail with internal pressure damper
internal front cover damper plates
cartridge style oil filter
extended life spark plugs
extended life coolant
extended life accessory drive belts
7.7mm IT chain system for all HFV6 applications
5W30 GF4 Mineral Oil
Synthetic Oil for Cadillac applications

·
Registered
19 Posts
MORE INFO I CAME ACROSS:

2007 GM 3.6L V6 VVT (LY7)

3.6L V6 VVT (LY7) CAR AND TRUCK ENGINE
2007 Model Year Summary

• Higher Output Application in 2007 Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia
• New Application in 2007 Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura
• Smaller Pitch Timing Chain
• Dual-Spray Fuel Injectors
• Improved Oil Pan

Full Description of New and Updated Features

Higher Output Application for 2007 Saturn Outlook
A new high-output version of the 3.6L V6 VVT powers the new Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia crossover sport-utility vehicles. This engine is a transverse installation, matched with GM Powertrain’s new 6T75 Hydra-Matic six-speed automatic transmission and either front- or all-wheel drive.

The 3.6L V6 VVT HO generates more horsepower thanks to changes in the cylinder heads and induction system, increasing airflow through the engine. The intake ports have been reshaped to increase flow, and a new intake manifold features longer runners that reduce airflow restrictions. Finally, the exhaust cams have been re-profiled to speed the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine at wide-open throttle. Maximum lift does not change, but duration increases to keep the exhaust valves open a fraction longer. Preliminary figures indicate a horsepower increase of nearly six percent compared to the previous most powerful version of the 3.6L V6 VVT.

The higher output version retains the 3.6L V6 VVT’s sophisticated variable intake system. The aluminum intake manifold has a valve in its plenum, managed by the engine control module (ECM), which opens and closes according to engine speed. At idle, the valve is open. From just past idle to mid rpm, the valve closes and effectively creates two separate plenums, each feeding the intake runners and ports for half of the cylinders. This optimizes airflow at lower engine speeds to maximize low-end torque. At higher engine speeds, the plenum plate opens, creating a single, higher-volume plenum feeding all cylinders for freer breathing and high-rev horsepower. The variable intake manifold (VIM) allows optimal airflow for a given engine speed without the compromises of a fixed-volume plenum. In combination with cam phasing, it means impressively linear torque delivery.

This higher output version of the 3.6L V6 VVT features its own comprehensive acoustic package, with a full sound-dampening cover between the cam covers. The base Outlook and Acadia will be equipped with single exhaust in both front- and all-wheel drive variants. All other vehicles built with the higher-output 3.6L V6 VVT will feature dual exhaust.

New Application in 2007 Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura
The 3.6L V6 VVT is available as an option on the G6 coupe and sedan and the all-new Aura sedan. This is a transverse installation. Accessory drive is similar to that in the Buick LaCrosse, but in the G6 and Aura the 3.6L V6 VVT will be equipped with Powertrain’s new 6T70 Hydra-Matic six-speed automatic transmission.

Smaller Pitch Timing Chain
The 3.6L V6 VVT in the Cadillac CTS has a new timing chain with a smaller pitch (7.7 mm compared to 9.5mm previously) and more links. The chain features an inverted tooth design. The smaller links engage at a lower impact speed, which decreases the noise generated. In conjunction with the new chain, the number of teeth on the sprockets is also increased, increasing the meshing frequency and further reducing noise and vibration.

The new timing chain is a running change that will occur in all of GM Powertain’s V6 VVT engines through the course of the 2007 model year.

Dual-Spray Fuel Injectors
Fuel injectors on the 3.6L V6 VVT now have two tiny spray nozzles. Developed with Bosch, the dual-spray injectors improve fuel atomization in the combustion chambers compared to single-tip injectors, allowing more complete combustion. The new injectors allow better emissions management. All 3.6L V6 VVTs except those built for the Buick LaCrosse are equipped with the dual-spray fuel injectors.

Improved Oil Pan
The oil pan on 3.6L V6 VVTs built for the Cadillac CTS, SRX and STS have been stiffened to improve powertrain rigidity and reduce vehicle vibration. The oil pan bolts to the transmission bell housing as well as the engine block, eliminating points of vibration.

Overview
Introduced in the 2004 Cadillac CTS and SRX, the 3.6L V6 VVT (RPO LYZ) was the first in GM Powertrain’s global family of high-feature V6 engines. Its architecture was jointly developed by GM technical centers in Australia, Germany, the United States and Sweden. The 3.6L VVT V6 is based on the philosophy that a true family of global engines provides the best value and performance for the customer and the best return on investment for General Motors. It applies the most advanced automotive engine technology available, from state-of-the-art casting processes to full four-cam phasing to ultra-fast data processing and torque-based engine management. Since its launch, application has spread to an expanding number of vehicles for one primary reason. The 3.6L V6 VVT delivers a market-leading balance of good specific output, high torque over a broad rpm band, fuel economy, low emissions and first-rate noise, vibration and harshness control, with exclusive durability enhancing features and very low maintenance.

The 3.6L V6 VVT’s engine block is cast with sand molds from A319 aluminum, with strong cast-in iron bore liners, six-bolt main bearing journals and inter-bay breather vents. Cylinder heads are also aluminum. Four valves per cylinder and a silent chain valvetrain contribute to both smoothness and high output. Four-cam phasing changes the timing of valve operation as operating conditions such as rpm and engine load vary. That means smooth, even torque delivery with high specific output (horsepower per liter of displacement) and excellent specific fuel consumption. Cam phasing also pays big dividends in reducing exhaust emissions. By closing the exhaust valves late at appropriate times, the cam phasers create an internal exhaust-gas recirculation system. The 3.8L V6 VVT meets all emissions mandates without complex, weight-increasing emissions control systems such as EGR and air injection reaction (AIR).

Aluminum-intensive construction extends to the pistons, which are manufactured of forged aluminum and considerably lighter than conventional steel pistons. Less weight means less reciprocating mass in the engine, which in turn means less inertia and greater operating efficiency. Moreover, the V6 VVT pistons are crafted with a number of features that enhance durability and reduce noise and harshness, including a high-tech polymer coating and floating wrist pins. The V6 VVT engine family was developed with pressure-actuated oil squirters in all applications. Three jet assemblies in the block hold a pair of oil-squirting nozzles that drench the underside of each piston and the surrounding cylinder wall with an extra layer of cooling, friction-reducing oil. The jets reduce piston temperature, which in turn allows the engine to produce more power without reducing long-term durability. The extra layer of oil on the cylinder walls and wristpin further dampens noise emanating from the pistons.

The oil pan provides another example of extensive efforts to minimize noise and vibration in the 3.6L V6 VVT. Cast aluminum dampens internal engine noise better than a conventional stamped steel pan. Structurally, it is considerably stiffer. The design was optimized with math-based analysis and carefully crafted curves in the pan’s sides and bottom. These reduce the broadcasting or “drumming’’ of noise created as oil flows through the crankcase, and they increase bending stiffness in the pan.

The 3.6L V6 VVT is managed the Bosch Motronic ME9 controller. This sophisticated electronic control module (ECM) uses a torque-based control strategy, which improves upon throttle-based management systems that rely exclusively on a throttle position sensor to manage electronic throttle control. The torque-based strategy measures the position of the intake plenum plate, cam phasing positions and other operational parameters and translates that data into an ideal throttle position and engine output, based on the driver’s positioning of the gas pedal. The ECM and a wide range of sensors allow failsafe systems, including ignition operation in the event of timing sensor failures. The control software protects the V6 VVT from permanent damage in the event of complete coolant loss, and allows the engine to operate at reduced power for a prescribed distance sufficient for the driver to find service. It also allows a number of other customer-friendly features, including GM's industry-leading Oil Life System, which determines oil change intervals by actual operation parameters, rather than a preset mileage limit.

The cam drive and valvetrain components require no scheduled maintenance. A sophisticated cam-chain tensioner, high-quality cam phasing components and hydraulic lash adjusters are designed to ensure optimal valvetrain performance for the life of the engine with no adjustment. Even perishable components provide extended useful life. The spark plugs have dual-platinum electrodes and a service life of 100,000 miles without degradation in spark density. The plugs are easy to remove because they are located in the center of the cam cover. Extended life coolant retains its cooling and corrosion-inhibiting properties for 100,000 miles in normal use. The two accessory-drive belts were specified primarily for low-noise operation, yet they are manufactured of EPDM rather than neoprene and should last the same 100,000 miles before replacement is recommended. The oil filter requires only element replacement, and it’s designed to virtually eliminate spillage when the cartridge is removed.

The V-6 VVT development and production teams made assembly efficiency a priority. All global V6 variants can be built with no significant casting changes to major components. Core engine components are designed to be common whenever possible. The basic V6 block is used in all vehicle applications, with differences limited to machining. While different vehicles require different oil pans, the pan’s mating surfaces with the engine block and transmission are common in all cases, allowing considerable assembly efficiencies. The net result is streamlined procurement practices, fewer tool changes in the plant, shorter assembly time and improved quality for the customer.

Production for the 3.6L V6 VVT is located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada and Port Melbourne, Australia.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hydra-Matic 6T75 (MH6) AWD
SPECS:

2007 6T75 ( MH6 AWD,MY9 FWD ) '04/19/06
Type: Six speed front-wheel-drive & AWD, electronically controlled, automatic overdrive transaxle with an electronically controlled torque converter clutch.
Engine range: 4.6L
Maximum engine torque: 301 lb-ft (406 Nm)
Maximum gearbox torque: 463 lb-ft (515Nm)
Gear ratios:
First 4.48
Second 2.87
Third: 1.84
Fourth: 1.41
Fifth 1
Sixth 0.74
Reverse: 2.88
Final Drive Ratio: 3.16
Maximum shift speed: 1-2 6800 rpm
2-3 6800 rpm
3-4 6800 rpm
Maximum validated gross vehicle weight: 6384 lb
Shifter Posistions: P, R, N, M
Case material: die cast aluminum
Shift pattern: 4 VBS Solenoids
Shift quality: Variable Bleed solenoid
Torque converter clutch: 258mm
Converter size: 246mm (reference) (diameter of torque converter turbine)
Fluid type: DEXRON® VI
Transmission weight: wet: 104 kg
Fluid capacity (approximate): 9.0L
Bottom pan removal: NA
Pressure taps available: line pressure
Transfer design: three-axis design
Assembly sites: Warren, Mich.
Applications: Saturn Outlook

1 - 20 of 32 Posts