GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All I'll have Acadia SLE-1 2018
and want to upgrade "head" to radio from slt or Denali
but connectors are different on SLE two connectors on Denali only one
what also should be replaced?

Gadget Camera accessory Automotive design Output device Auto part
Automotive design Gadget Tableware Personal luxury car Auto part
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design
Automotive lighting Gadget Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Hi All I'll have Acadia SLE-1 2018
and want to upgrade "head" to radio from slt or Denali
but connectors are different on SLE two connectors on Denali only one
what also should be replaced?

View attachment 11804 View attachment 11805 View attachment 11806 View attachment 11807
It's not just the one connector that is different. The Denalli has one connector because it is a Bose system which then plugs into an another amplifier module that powers all the speakers.
So you will also need to buy and mount the Bose amplifier module and also the interconnecting cable form the Denali head unit to the Bose amplifier module.

In addition, the SLE speaker connectors and speakers themselves will not likely work with the Bose amplifier module .

Plus, even if you do get all the needed equipment, you will need to get the radio programmed with your SLE Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to accept it to your SEL.

It is a bit more complex these days than just swapping our head units.

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts
The SLT/Denali display may be so significantly different from the SLE display that the exchange would be impossible to make without a lot of extra work, parts, and programming. IOW, you're likely barking up the wrong tree. I believe the 2018 SLE had a large display option. Maybe you can find one of them and try the exchange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts