·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link doesn't work and I have looked all over the forum and used the search function and can't find the thread. I just wanted to put this important info in the main GMC Acadia forum category.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
elec_inst said:
As silly as this sounds is this a US issue or a Canadian issue or a general GM issue?
What do you mean?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
bonk1313 said:
elec_inst said:
As silly as this sounds is this a US issue or a Canadian issue or a general GM issue?
What do you mean?
If I had to guess, and yeah, I'm guessing... :) I'd say that means does this recall only affect vehicles built in the US, or only in Canada, or both (general GM issue).

·
Registered
681 Posts
All the Acadia's are built in one plant in Lansing MI, I would think this is an across the board recall, I cannot imagine the heating element being different in Acadia's sold in the US as compared to ones sold in Canada.

Just wait a little but, I am sure you will get a letter in the mail if this recall effects your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
johnway said:
All the Acadia's are built in one plant in Lansing MI...
That's what I thought! I googled and googled, even searched Wikipedia, before posting my response so that I wouldn't sound like an idiot (LOL) but I couldn't find anything that said they were only built in one specific plant. I figured someone here would know for sure. :thumb:

My own Acadia is not going to be affected by this (at least I hope not) since I do not have the heated windshield wiper fluid.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Web Raven said:
johnway said:
All the Acadia's are built in one plant in Lansing MI...
That's what I thought! I googled and googled, even searched Wikipedia, before posting my response so that I wouldn't sound like an idiot (LOL) but I couldn't find anything that said they were only built in one specific plant. I figured someone here would know for sure. :thumb:

My own Acadia is not going to be affected by this (at least I hope not) since I do not have the heated windshield wiper fluid.
The windshield wiper recall will apply to yours though Charlene. So your Acadia won't burn up from the heated washer fluid circut overheating but your windshield wipers still may fall off because of too much snow and ice. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GeoHawk said:
The windshield wiper recall will apply to yours though Charlene. So your Acadia won't burn up from the heated washer fluid circut overheating but your windshield wipers still may fall off because of too much snow and ice. ;D
They're recalling the wipers too?!? I guess I better go back and read that whole thing again. I skimmed it the first time because I thought it only applied to Acadias with the heated wiper fluid. :-\

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Web Raven said:
GeoHawk said:
They're recalling the wipers too?!? I guess I better go back and read that whole thing again. I skimmed it the first time because I thought it only applied to Acadias with the heated wiper fluid. :-\
It's in this thread...

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4310.0

Here's the letter:

http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2008/V/RCDNN-08V410-4711.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Huh. I see. Mygmlink.com doesn't show any recalls for me yet. I will wait to receive the letter and then go pester my dealer. :)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
Huh. I see. Mygmlink.com doesn't show any recalls for me yet. I will wait to receive the letter and then go pester my dealer. :)
Mygmlink stinks. Everytime I try and log on, it says no good. then I goto register and it already has me in there... I too do not have any recalls showing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had this fix done at my dealer last week. It only took about 20 minutes--no new parts. They just needed to reorganize the pieces that were already there.

Amie

·
Registered
681 Posts
Funny, I got an e-mail from mygmlink.com making me aware of the recall notification - when I log onto mygmlink.com under my username it is nto showing any recall notifications ??? ??? ???

I guess it takes them sometime to upload the data into their servers - but how did it know to send me an e-mail???

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
If anyone is in doubt as to whether any recalls apply to their vehicle, PM me the last 8 digits of your VIN# and I can check in GMVIS (GM Vehicle Inquiry System) to see what service items/campaigns it is subject to.

The only one I might have trouble with would be the wiper arm campaign as it is based on registration records, which I don't have access to.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Will this affect early 2009's?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Will this affect early 2009's?
No. Actually, from what was in the letter, there are only 3 (yes 3) 2008 Acadia's involved. This is primarily for the 2007's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts