GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Both the front and rear system share the same reservoir; fill the one under the hood and you're good to go for both.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wife said rear wash wasn't working. So I refilled the reservoir in the engine compartment but it didn't take much fluid (approx 1 cup). Therefore, thought there was a second reservoir for the rear.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So does it work now that you added some fluid?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interesting thread. My rear washer stopped squirting about a week ago and I forgot about it until seeing this. If it's shared, and the front works, surprised the rear doesn't. Will have to give it a look when the temperature moves a little.

·
Registered
423 Posts
could be frozen. hard to thaw out in this weather, but if you can do that, maybe that will solve the prob.

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Front and rear washers share the same reservior but have their own pumps. If you can see it, make sure the electric harness is plugged in to the rear pump before heading to the dealer. Someone could have bumped it off the plug.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Interesting; where are the pumps located?

·
Registered
423 Posts
right next to the tail light fluid reservior :thumb:

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
oh my, that is freakin funny! we need that site to ad here! admin help us out!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
That dual exhaust pipe system they offer looks like a winner, too.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:rant:

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
jsimms said:
Interesting; where are the pumps located?
They are probably located at the bottom of the reservior. Who knows, it might be something else not easily visible when you open the hood!
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
schram and dmurphy seem to think differently

·
Registered
423 Posts
finally i found a place to buy the muffler bearing that my mech told me i needed. i wanted to install myself but was having a problem locating one. this is a good day!
ps. the synthetic oil bypass is a money saver! a must for anyone in this weak economy.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
jsimms said:
Sure do! I'm a proud Apple Mac user - "Think Different"!

... which reminds me ... my wiper blades need sharpening ...

·
Registered
752 Posts
dmurphy said:
jsimms said:
Sure do! I'm a proud Apple Mac user - "Think Different"!

... which reminds me ... my wiper blades need sharpening ...
Boy, talk about hijacking a topic - but that is one funny site. I think the creators have way too much time on their hands, but gosh darn they have some incredible products. I bet they will come up with a wiper blade sharpener for you. What a great way to save money :blob:

·
Registered
427 Posts
sandman said:
Boy, talk about hijacking a topic - but that is one funny site. I think the creators have way too much time on their hands, but gosh darn they have some incredible products. I bet they will come up with a wiper blade sharpener for you. What a great way to save money :blob:
I guess I feel slightly guilty for hijacking the thread .... but not really. The original poster got his answer right away - there's only one reservoir - but this has been pretty funny. :)

By the way ... http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=23

1 - 20 of 25 Posts