GMC Acadia Forum banner

Acadia ready for vacation (with roof rack, luggage box and bike rack)

20K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Copperhead13 
#1 ·
We just returned from Spring Break and I thought I would show you how it looked with everything loaded...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Two things...

What model is that box and did you use GM cross bars??

Second, that color is amazing.

#3 ·
Yes, we used the GM cross bars - got them from the dealer and my husband installed them. The box is a Yakima Rocket Box that we got 2 years ago for our Montana. When my husband called Yakima about installing it on the Acadia -- they couldn't verify it would work because it had not been tested...however the brackets fit the flat bars of the Acadia and it didn't move at all while traveling. The only issue we did have was that the antena was located right in the middle of the back of the roof where the box goes, but is bent enough for the box to fit (and it did not interfear with our XM reception at all).

Thanks - I really like the color.

#5 ·
The antenna can be unscrewed, right?

#6 ·
Wow,
Looks like you had a big outdoors Spring Break! Anybody have any shots with the Ski rack attached? :hot:

#9 ·
elgmom said:
Yes, we used the GM cross bars - got them from the dealer and my husband installed them. The box is a Yakima Rocket Box that we got 2 years ago for our Montana. When my husband called Yakima about installing it on the Acadia -- they couldn't verify it would work because it had not been tested...however the brackets fit the flat bars of the Acadia and it didn't move at all while traveling. The only issue we did have was that the antena was located right in the middle of the back of the roof where the box goes, but is bent enough for the box to fit (and it did not interfear with our XM reception at all).

Thanks - I really like the color.
elgmom, is yours the Rocket Box 16 or 11? I believe the numbers stand for the cubic feet they hold.

Thanks.

#10 ·
I find it quite annoying that the cross rails are an option. What good is the rack without the rails. I would point the finger at GM on this one but I hear other manufacturers are doing the same thing. :angryfire:

#11 ·
mikemu said:
I find it quite annoying that the cross rails are an option. What good is the rack without the rails. I would point the finger at GM on this one but I hear other manufacturers are doing the same thing. :angryfire:
Yeah my Envoy didn't have rails either; I ended up buying them

#12 ·
dearsmiths said:
elgmom, is yours the Rocket Box 16 or 11? I believe the numbers stand for the cubic feet they hold.

Thanks.
Please note the date they started the thread (March 2007) along with the date they were last active on the forum (click on their user name to see this):
Last Active: October 22, 2007, 08:18:22 PM

It is unlikely they are following a 2+ year old thread and will answer your question. In cases like this where you have a question, it is better to send the member a PM versus replying to a 2+ year old thread. If they have notifications enabled, they will get an email and can respond.

In the meantime, maybe one of our other members can answer your question.

#13 ·

;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.